PDA

View Full Version : Going off my medication of 17 years cont.

kim
05-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Hello all,

Just thought I'd keep you posted on how I'm going. Went off my medication of 17 years - first without 25mg(one day), then 75mg (2 days), then nothing for 3 days - which all went okay really - felt a bit strange/off. Then started on Zoltolf (?) 50mg and the 2nd day (which was yesterday) woah baby was that baaaad! Seriously, I felt like I was dying (and not panicky wise either) I was nauseas, had a splitting headache, I was shaking, my hands and feet were tingling and I was seeing things (in the corner of my eye) that weren't there. I did not feel good at all. Anyhow last night - I wasn't going to take my tab at all but then decided to take a half and today is a lot better - just a bit quesey and strange in the head (but that's to be expected with new meds). So phew, thank goodness I didn't get another day like yesterday - it sucked!

Luckily I have a nice doctor - who I rang in desperation yesterday (when I could) but she wasn't there, but she did ring today to see how I was going. She said that normally she would start someone on a 1/2 tablet but because I was on the other stuff (prothiadon) for so long she thought she'd get me straight onto a bigger dose - and said she'll know not to do that again. So I'm to take a 1/2 tab for 4 days and then go up to a whole tab.

So there you go. Your all up to date. Chow for now, Kim from Australia.

shoe
05-29-2006, 01:19 AM
kim, its such a pain switchin medications isnt it :? I hate the withdrawal effects! I hope the new ones are working well for you now :)