PDA

View Full Version : does life get better ever?

nervousbutterflies
08-06-2010, 07:03 PM
lately i have been feeling really nervous and sick to my stomach. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and GAD and was prescribed to paxil. I took the paxil for a while and went off because the sexual side effects. I am prescribed to Wellbutrin 75 mg once a day and it feels like its not working at all! I am at the point where i cannot go somewhere far like the beach without panicking. ON monday i have a job interview for HomeHelpers and i have to drive 25 minutes away. If i get the job i would have to drive out to peoples' homes and help them with personal care, laundry and basic everyday activites. I am worried that i will have a panic attack and i would get fired because a caregiver cannot be panicking when they are trying to take care of someone! i am also worried about the fall and winter because that is when my anxiety is at peak because it is alway dark and depressing out! i do not know what to do.!!!!!!!!! Does this ever go away? i feel like i am not normal and i will never be or i will never be able to have a normal life:(

ThePhoenix
08-06-2010, 08:15 PM
lately i have been feeling really nervous and sick to my stomach. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and GAD and was prescribed to paxil. I took the paxil for a while and went off because the sexual side effects. I am prescribed to Wellbutrin 75 mg once a day and it feels like its not working at all! I am at the point where i cannot go somewhere far like the beach without panicking. ON monday i have a job interview for HomeHelpers and i have to drive 25 minutes away. If i get the job i would have to drive out to peoples' homes and help them with personal care, laundry and basic everyday activites. I am worried that i will have a panic attack and i would get fired because a caregiver cannot be panicking when they are trying to take care of someone! i am also worried about the fall and winter because that is when my anxiety is at peak because it is alway dark and depressing out! i do not know what to do.!!!!!!!!! Does this ever go away? i feel like i am not normal and i will never be or i will never be able to have a normal life:(

Hi,

First question, you mention the meds that you have been taking but have you seen a counsellor or psychologist to work on some strategies? The meds only help cover the symptoms and dont really do anything to address the root of the problem.

I understand your fear of the panic attack, panic attacks are brought on by our own thoughts. They are not something we cant control and while they are scary they are ultimately totally harmless. Nothing will happen to you if you have one and you just need to reassure yourself of that!

As for worrying about panic attacks and getting fired etc etc. STOP! You are thinking too far ahead about things that might never happen and getting wound up over it!

As for fall and winter, same as above! STOP worrying about it! I understand your concerns because I too sometimes feel like I get worse in winter but then think about it logically...the cold weather cannot actually effect your anxiety, the only thing that really effects it are your own thoughts! Be positive!

In answer to your question though, yes it does get better. It really helps if you see someone as well but its not always so hard!
:D

Good luck!

nervousbutterflies
08-07-2010, 06:45 PM
thankyou for responding to my post:) I was seeing a therapist as well but i stopped going because she would always stare at me when i was telling her all of my problems and she just looked at me like i was crazy! I would also hate when i was in the middle of telling her something and she would always be like "well im sorry it looks like we ran out of time today" its soo messed up how they do that and they are only in for the money.!

I NEED TO STOP WORRYING ABOUT PANIC ATTACKS IT CONTROLS MY LIFE! i always feel like why was i stuck like this? what have i done so bad to have to be tortured by having this condition!

im hoping that in the long run it will be worth it , because maybe when i get over it i may be able to help someone else who is struggling with the same thing!

and the thing about winter that freaks me out the most is getting snowed in! i hate when it snows so bad that you cannot drive anywhere! i feel like what if i have a heartattack how am i going to get to the hospital?!!?

haha im just ridiculous. i feel like im more crazy than anyone else on this forum!

ThePhoenix
08-08-2010, 05:27 AM
thankyou for responding to my post:) I was seeing a therapist as well but i stopped going because she would always stare at me when i was telling her all of my problems and she just looked at me like i was crazy! I would also hate when i was in the middle of telling her something and she would always be like "well im sorry it looks like we ran out of time today" its soo messed up how they do that and they are only in for the money.!

I NEED TO STOP WORRYING ABOUT PANIC ATTACKS IT CONTROLS MY LIFE! i always feel like why was i stuck like this? what have i done so bad to have to be tortured by having this condition!

im hoping that in the long run it will be worth it , because maybe when i get over it i may be able to help someone else who is struggling with the same thing!

and the thing about winter that freaks me out the most is getting snowed in! i hate when it snows so bad that you cannot drive anywhere! i feel like what if i have a heartattack how am i going to get to the hospital?!!?

haha im just ridiculous. i feel like im more crazy than anyone else on this forum!

Shame about the therapist, they arent all that way! Is there another one you can maybe see? The person I used to speak to gave you all the time in the world to talk.

Your right, you need to take the power back from the panic, like I said. It cannot hurt you, its nothing more than an adrenaline rush! When you dont fear something anymore it ceases to have power over you. :D

Haha, dont worry, thats the sort of thing an anxious person would think about! I would tell you to not think about it and worry about it because it wont happen but I know someone telling you that doesnt help!

lawandorder
08-08-2010, 07:11 AM
The wellbutrin wouldn't be doing anything good for your anxiety at all. In fact, it's probably exacerbating it. If you need to medication, I suggest taking wellbutrin in combo with paxil (or another SSRI), wellbutrin is supposed to help the sexual stuff but probably won't fix it.
If sexual is your main thing, try working around it - not taking the dose for 48 hours and having sex or whatever around that time, then taking it the next morning. Maybe try a different medication (not paxil).
Wellbutrin is mainly for depression, and for anxiety sufferers it can actually make you more anxious because it works on dopamine... like other amphetamines.
Speak to your doctor...
take care, it def will get better! i promise.

louiseevans222
08-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Hi sounds pretty bad :| ....

I suffered from anxiety for a good 7 years, Im not sure if you heard my story...

But ive actually got over it now...

Im going to be a Live Call on the 28th/08/2010 and you can listen in for FREE live on exactly how I got rid of my anxiety...

Its on Skype, if you have a skype you can listen in, if you dont register...

I will be revealing everything I did to get rid of it, I know its going to help many...

I know you are suffering and this will be a great opportunity for you...

I also will be having a Q/A session where people can ask questions

To Signup For More Details click the link below...

All the best,

Louise

forwells
08-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi nervousbutterflies :D

First off your money hungry therapist tell them to go and jump .

You want someone to talk to about things jump on here and ask away . I will answer and i am sure others will and we are free . :lol:

I wont tell you to stop worrying because i know you wont but i will tell you something that may help.

For 8 months i worried about having another panic attack , everyone dose they are that bad , I think mostly because you dont know what they are and all most doctors tell you is "oh its only a panic attack dont worry you will be fine ." This may the case but a bit more info would not go astray .

Dont worry about the first panic attack , they just happen. I would say everyone will get one in their lifetime . Some people just get stuck i them and cant let go . I am lucky and had them both ways . First and biggest was years ago and i just let it past and was fine for years . Last lot were bad but were from stress i could not get rid of quickly .

These panic attacks are only from stress and most of that stress then is over the fear you have of having another one . Also with the reaction to one . The way you react with fear sends a second lot fof chemicals into the brain causing the panic attack . See you can have high anxiety at times which may send a strong symptom out but you have the choose here not to react with fear or to just say "oh my stress is high i shall just have a rest and let it past " The latter one will stop it in seconds and they will go away . The more you do this the lesss they come on and the quicker they go .

All your problems are based as with many around the fear of these attacks . If you control them and stop them you will slowly lose the fear .
eg
somewhere far like the beach without panicking
because a caregiver cannot be panicking
heartattack how am i going to get to the hospital?!!?

You see above that they are all about what happens if i have a panic attack here or there or i cant get to the hospital . Well you know what will happen you will handle it . Even if you go to the hospital by the time they see you you would have settled .Why becaus eyou feel safe .You need to face them with what i said above and take the power back from them and once you do it once it gets easier after that . You need to say like i did . Right i have had enough of this do you best or PO .

It takes a while to get past anxiety but you can do it but again you have to face it head on . You also need to reduce your stress in your life . Learn to meditate , relax and rest .

Your not crazy , not mentally ill and no different than anyone here . You are just had a bad thing happen to you ( panic attack ) and you dont want it to happen again so you are in a panic about panick attacks . Say bring it on , do your best and they will retreat like the bullies they are .

Oh and i am sorry to say this but those drugs you are taking will do nothing and in many cases make it worst . They work on the power of surgestion and thats about all . Most doctors dont have the training for this and are only doing what the drug companies tell them .

cheers kev :D

nervousbutterflies
08-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Thank you everybody for the replies. I'm so happy I found people that are actually like me and know what I am talking about. I used to feel like I was the only one in the world with this problem!