PDA

View Full Version : Anyone This Bad

Razz
08-01-2010, 08:23 AM
I was having years of doing quite well when 4 years ago I got too run down and started having nervous illness symptoms again. Then in the middle of the night I had a panic attack - been so long without one I didn't know what it was. Then the roof fell in.

Many of my symptoms are physical, burning all over my body, extreme agitation so I walk and pace literally all day, then times of being so sick I can hardly go to the bathroom. I sleep 2 to 4 hours then awake all night burning, muscle pain and extreme anxiety or agitation.

I have tried every anxiety medication and had major adverse reactions to all of them. Hit the wall on benzos and took me 4 years to go through the withdrawal and recover. Have tried all the natural stuff and no help.

I can't read, watch TV or do anything but pace and cope....I am too sensitized. Total hell 24/7.

James

louiseevans222
08-01-2010, 08:40 AM
HI razz,

Are you sire you hav tried all the natural stuff,

Im not talking about herbal remedies, im talking about the most imortant thing...

And thats the root cause of why you have the anxiety in the first place...

You have your anxiety because your mind has been programmed a certain kind a way...

change your mindset, it is guaranteed to work....

Check out this powerful FREE tool I used to chamge my life around...

Click the link below for FREE instant access....

All the best,

Louis Evans

Razz
08-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Promoting profit programs on this forum when people are hurting so bad is really wicked!

08-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Hi Razz

Have you tried seeing someone about this? l know where you are coming from l am in physical pain non stop but am working thru CBT and feel l am getting there, its an alternative to trying all the meds. Goodluck

hockey2010fanatic
08-01-2010, 08:41 PM
trust me, you are not alone, alot of people can relate to what you are going through, me for example, i will just be sitting in class and my hands shake, my fingers twitch, i find it hard to concentrate, i have tingling sensations everywhere and muscle twitching. its all part of the anxiety, you just need to relax, take a hot bath with aroma therapy, that has helped me alot.

cheers

palow
08-01-2010, 10:32 PM
James, if promoting programmes for profit is so bad, why are there so many ads in this forum? Look at the banner on the top. Why does this forum give us marketers a space to put our links? Look under our names.

Do doctors and therapists not work for profit?? Does the pharmaceutical industry not work for profit? Your therapist will not care if you are hurting if you can't pay or if you don't have insurance. It costs money to set up a business and do marketing. No one works for free.

Okay, here's some free advice that is the core of what I went through with Linden method. And yes, I am giving this advice in the hopes that you will order a programme through my link. Hey my kids need braces. Sue me.

Whenever you feel anxious, it is because you are in a routine that gives your mind a chance to generate thoughts that stimulate adrenalin production. Break that routine with a vigourous exercise or a hobby that will engage your attention so completely that you forget to feel anxious. You must distract yourself every second of the day that you feel anxious. Do this for a month and you should get some relief. I know this is easier said than done. That's where ordering an internet programme comes in. These programmes are meant to structure your life so that you can stick to the techniques, which are based on CBT.

Patrick

forwells
08-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Razz

First off before i start i would like to put something straight about louiseevans222
Yes she is offering programe but she is not selling it .

She is simply stating that this programe helped her though her worst time .

By clicking on her link it takes you to a page showing a youtube of a product like the one she is giving away and you sign up and she sends you the link and you download the program for FREE No money no costs FREE

So i understand where you are coming from but she states many times it is free and i dont think that she should be run down for offering you what she thinks may help . If you dont want what she is offering thats fine but atleast give her the respect she deserves for trying to help with what helped her. This is not only directed at you but i notice someone else having a go at her.

Ok on to you .

Again i agree with Palow you need to learn to distract and yes i know that is hard . I think you are stuck in a hole without any site of hope . This in turn is feeding you worry and symptoms .

Have you looked into natural things . I know alittle about them and they surpported me while i healed . If you like i can put you in touch with one of Australia best natural doctors and you may be able to talk to her . Her practice dose internet consults .

It takes a while to get over anxiety but you need to find something to brake the cycle you are on . I think you may be looking at things such as i have had it for so long and will never get rid of it . Well it doesnt matter how long you have had it . When you start letting it go it will past .

Have you tried any of the internet programes . They are worth a look at . What do you have to lose. I am sure that they will give you something that may help . Remember many of these programe are based around the truth about anxitey and are run by people that got past it . Linden method just do a ssearch and see how much good reports there is about it , Yes some of these may be played out but not all of them . You should think about it as i said what have you got to lose .

And just for fact i am not selling anythink I just dont like to see people suffer .

You should also look at Palows site it is very well done and lots of details ..

cheers kev :D

ThePhoenix
08-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Whenever you feel anxious, it is because you are in a routine that gives your mind a chance to generate thoughts that stimulate adrenalin production. Break that routine with a vigourous exercise or a hobby that will engage your attention so completely that you forget to feel anxious. You must distract yourself every second of the day that you feel anxious. Do this for a month and you should get some relief. I know this is easier said than done. That's where ordering an internet programme comes in. These programmes are meant to structure your life so that you can stick to the techniques, which are based on CBT.

Patrick

I do agree that if you distract yourself frequently enough it make a real difference but you have to be vigilant. When you first try it the anxious thoughts crash back in time and time again but stick with it.

jusroc
08-03-2010, 06:12 PM
screw all those wonder cures!

I am pretty sure that there is no quick cure to anxiety disorders.

No 3 day work shop is going to change your life.

Think that many of these wonder cures are just a scam, created by scam artist who know people are desperate!

If their cures were so bloody fool proof, the world of medicine would know about them and prescribe them to sufferers.

And although doctors do not know everything, a good doctor will certainly not prescribe a medicine or treatment that is not tried and tested, and certainly will not give a patient something that is sold by some one who has no credentials.

Think you are better collecting information on all possible cures / solutions and trying them out.

Modern Medicine> some medicines are better than others.
Research and find the best ones.
I hear Tianeptine is supposed to be very effective for anxiety, although i hear it is not prescribed in US or UK.

Therapeutic Relaxation Activities> daily meditation / Tai Chi / Chi Gung / Aikido / Slow Yoga.

Good Diet.

Good Living environment.

CBT

(if your condition is caused by a biological factor such as the brain damage that occurs due to long term exposure to extreme stress, then all the above may only reduce your anxiety but will never cure. A cure will only be found when Psychiatrist are able to find a way to reverse the damage caused to the brain).

:-)

No massive bill.

forwells
08-03-2010, 10:02 PM
jusroc

They are not a 3 day program to cure your anxiety . Most of them are guides to help people over come their anxiety and as for the no credentials many of the good programes are ran by people that suffered and went on to get the credentials in order to help people get though it because they know how bad it is .

If their cures were so bloody fool proof, the world of medicine would know about them and prescribe them to sufferers.

Doctors train for what 8 years in that time they learn about the body , they may spent about a month or so on anxiety . Most doctors do not have either the training or time so the best they can do is give you a pill. This is not their fault but the way the world is .

And although doctors do not know everything, a good doctor will certainly not prescribe a medicine or treatment that is not tried and tested, and certainly will not give a patient something that is sold by some one who has no credentials. A good doctor will guide people to anything they believe works no matter what it is . Just because some has a few letters after their name dose not mean they know everything . In my treatment i came across plenty of doctors i would not send a sick dog to .

Think you are better collecting information on all possible cures / solutions and trying them out. Do thse programes not fit into that area . You want to be cured you go to people that have been cured and not someone that thinks they know how to get better . What is the point of a doctors sitting there telling you to breath . I know how to breath i want to know whats happening and if you cant tell me that your a waste of my money .
These programes run around the $100 mark . Many of them will give you more information for that $100 than a dozen trips to the shrink which here runs at $240 a pop. $100 or $3000 i know which one i would perfer to loss.

(if your condition is caused by a biological factor such as the brain damage that occurs due to long term exposure to extreme stress, then all the above may only reduce your anxiety but will never cure. A cure will only be found when Psychiatrist are able to find a way to reverse the damage caused to the brain).
What a crock of S$%# , You have any proof behind this or is it just something you have read somewhere . There may be a biological factor in that some are more susceptible than others . The biggest factors are the way we were raised and what we believe .
I also dont think that this sort of statement is one to be posting on a forum for anxiety . Many people hear worry about enough without having to worry about something base on BS

cheers kev :D

ThePhoenix
08-03-2010, 11:04 PM

:roll: Riiiiiight. Based on what exactly?

I promise you there is absolutely 100% zero correlation between stress and brain damage. Brain damage may only be caused by a trauma to the brain, not stress.

Stress causes many issues, but that is not one of them.

kathique
08-04-2010, 10:00 AM
This is my first post here, so here goes!!

I can relate to your post and my heart goes out to you. I know what it's like to be so scared and consumed by anxiety that you're not sure how to get through another second of the day.

I also have generalised anxiety disorder and have been in therapy for two years, more so since I had a stress breakdown earlier this year. In my experience (I'm also a psychology student) anxiety always has an underlying cause. There is usually something in your life causing you to react so strongly, whether it be a fear if death or even relationship or money worries. I guess what I'm saying is that our worry doesn't intensify overnight, although sometimes it can feel this way. Usually worries and anxiety builds for a long time, and when you reach your threshold you experience extreme physical reactions and psychosomatic symptoms like the ones you've described.

CBT is really effective, however when you're body is overloaded with adrenaline it can be almost impossible to calm down, breathe deeply and think positively. When adrenaline takes over my body, I want to pace. I have paced all day before. I've had my father pace next to me with tears in his eyes begging me to stop. I have paced until my body is exhausted but my mind isn't, that bit sucks. What happens though is that paving actually feeds your anxiety. My psychologist actually banned me from pacing. I signed a no pacing agreement, and in two months I have not paced an been true to my word. Instead, at my wonderful psychologists suggestion, I bounce up and down on a fit ball ( you may call them medicine balls?). Right now Im sitting on mine as I write this. I felt anxious so I bounced for a while, now I'm rocking back and forth as I type this. It satisfies my instinct to pace, yet is really calming. Usually when I pace I completely isolate myself from my family, including my two young daughters. Now, I just grab my fitball, bounce and watch tv with them. My youngest daughter sometimes sits on my lap and we bounce together. She thinks it's great fun.

In terms of body and muscle aches, I've experienced the burning sensations, especially under my armpits. I think it's my body's response to the stress and adrenaline. Nowdays I just bounce or rock through it, while trying to nreathe and think positively.

I also have a new rule, and that is that I absolutely flat out refuse to contemplate my life or the future when I'm anxious. I strongly suggest you try it. When you feel this low everything looks hopeless, especially what the future holds for anxiety sufferers. Don't go there. Anxiety is anxiety, don't look at your future through anxiety tainted glasses. You can get through this. I've hit Rock bottom too and the only way is up. This is thhe startin point for getting better. You can do it, even if you don't believe it right now, pretend you do. Repeat it to yourself constantly. Pretend you're rehearsing lines for an Oscar winning performance until you believe it. Practice as many positive affirmations as you can.

Finally, take care if yourself and be kind to yourself. Take a load or two off until you feel better. My apologies for the mammoth post. [/quote]

kathique
08-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Sorry for all the typos. I'm posting on my iPhone and couldn't work out how to scroll back down to fix them.

iirimaal
08-08-2010, 08:13 AM
The best help i have got was from internet product not medications from doctors :)