PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had this?

hockey2010fanatic
07-31-2010, 06:29 PM
hi, just wondering, this is also part of my anxiety disorder, for the last month, i have had like a really weird feeling in my head, mainly the back, like a almost tingling, and the back of my head seizes up or feels like its suddenly tensing up, i feel like im going to have a seizure or something, it has kept me up every night

help?

ThePhoenix
07-31-2010, 09:41 PM
I think I know the feeling you mean, by any chance do you clench your teeth when you feel stressed? Probably without even thinking about it. That tends to cause a pressure feeling in the back of your head.

hockey2010fanatic
07-31-2010, 10:15 PM
yes i do actually, i do clench my jaw and grind my teeth without even thinking about it

thanks phoenix

ThePhoenix
07-31-2010, 10:19 PM
yes i do actually, i do clench my jaw and grind my teeth without even thinking about it

thanks phoenix

Ah I would bet anything thats whats causing your feeling, it used to really freak me out but now I just recognise thats its caused by jaw clenching and grinding. I wouldnt worry about it at all. :D

palow
07-31-2010, 10:27 PM
I think you should try dealing with your anxiety disorder as a whole. Dealing with each symptom is like playing whack-a-mole. Another will just spring up in its place. Deal with the source of the problem.

Patrick

hockey2010fanatic
07-31-2010, 11:45 PM
thanks palow, i am trying my best, everyday is new battle but i am trying to find the source and get rid of this disorder

palow
08-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Try finding ways to distract yourself every time the anxiety hits. This is what I did when I went through Linden. Map out the times of day when your anxiety hits and change your routine. Don't do what you normally do. If you're at work, do office yoga (download exercises from internet). If the anxiety hits while you're at home, go out jogging or go for hockey practice.

But you have to do this for a couple of months to reprogramme your subconscious. Hope this helps.

Patrick