PDA

View Full Version : Noise induced anxiety

Brianmpei
07-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Hey, really finding a lot of help on this forum. Thanks to everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone else finds that steady noise, even low noise like a fan running, induces anxiety in anyone else. I'm finding an air conditioning/circulation fan at work gets into my head and somehow is winding me up inside. Just wondering if anyone else has been here and what you did to deal with it?

Wildflower
08-01-2010, 07:22 AM
Hey, really finding a lot of help on this forum. Thanks to everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone else finds that steady noise, even low noise like a fan running, induces anxiety in anyone else. I'm finding an air conditioning/circulation fan at work gets into my head and somehow is winding me up inside. Just wondering if anyone else has been here and what you did to deal with it?

Im basically anxious all the time, but I do def. feel a rise in anxiety when there is lots of noise.

forwells
08-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Brianmpei

Anxiety effect the nerves and what i think you are finding is the nerves in your ears are playing up . There are 1000s in there.

When i get stressed i have to turn things down because the anoy me .

Also it is not you anxiety that is winding you up but it is your reaction to this feeling . If you just accept that its there for now it will not wind you up . Yes it may be a pain in the butt but thats better than stressing about it and feeding it .

cheers kev :D

kenja
08-02-2010, 03:31 PM
hi

kev is quite right its our reaction to the noisethat drives us mad, i think this probably effects most of us in different ways, for me when im driving and i hear any little noise like change rattling or anything it freaks me, try to not concentrate on the noise, and if possible try to tutn on something else to listen to anything you enjoy and focus on that, nice house music does it for me, easy listening

take care

Brianmpei
08-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks, that's true, it is my reaction to the noise. Others seem quite content or unmoved by it. I'll have to work on not focusing on it. I wouldn't have said i did but just thinking about it now I know it's true - like other aspects of the anxiety - I hear it, then I focus on it, then it becomes larger than everything else.

Thanks for the feedback.

worrier123
08-02-2010, 06:21 PM
when im feeling anxious i actually find the noice of a fan very soothing, when im feeling anxious al i wana do is be in a room on my own with my hair dryer lol, i no thats random but being in silence just makes me think and hear my negative thoughts more where as the noice of a hairdyer/fan sort of helps to relax me. sometimes il go on youtube a listen to some chil out music that alos helps take my mind of whatever im worrying about

x

kenja
08-03-2010, 09:27 AM
how ever the relief comes thats what you should do, it doesnt matter what that is, if its something as a hairdryer then thats a good thing, to each their own, it only gets bad when you can find no relief, or worse what you taught usually helps you is doing no good!!