PDA

View Full Version : Vision Problem

leftie15
05-15-2006, 10:05 PM
hey all i was curious if anyone else had vision problems due to anxiety i notice now with my anxiety everything seems blurry and spotting especially if i look at the sky i see like little tiny spots of light wondeing if anyone else experienced thiskinda freaky let me know thanks :shock:

shoe
05-17-2006, 08:14 AM
hmm, never had that happen.. I mean, I've had blurry vision on medication (benzodiazepines specifically), but don't recall having any anxiety-related vision problems.
Is it really only during anxious times that you get that?

kevin
05-17-2006, 08:19 AM
hey all i was curious if anyone else had vision problems due to anxiety i notice now with my anxiety everything seems blurry and spotting especially if i look at the sky i see like little tiny spots of light wondeing if anyone else experienced thiskinda freaky let me know thanks :shock:

hey leftie i have the same problem too, things seem blurry and i feel light headed and stuff sometimes like i am in a dream because of my anxiety, and when i look at the sky sometimes i see these dots of light you are talking about.

its probably just the anxiety man.

i also just found out i have some serious OCD cause of the thoughts i have constantly...i just popped a clonazepam and i'm waiting for it to kick in

leftie15
05-17-2006, 02:18 PM
thanks for the reply yea shoe it during anxiety but when aren't i anxious so pretty much always but kevin i hear ya with the constant thoughts i've had the same stupid thoughts running through my head for the last 6months getting really old now but agin thanks guys

kim
05-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Hi Leftie,

I have days where my vision is affected. I describe it like looking through a kleidascope - kind of blotchy. Somedays it is so bad that I won't drive cause I can hardly see properly.

scatmantom
05-22-2006, 01:13 PM
hey i think i can relate to this, I only get it when Im in serious stress/anxiety that has lasted days. It also happens when anxiety has put me of my food and drink for long periods of time. I think food and lack of glucose is probably the cause in my case when it happens. Luckily i dont stay off my food anymore, but in my teens I used to go off food at any hint of anxiety.

leftie15
05-24-2006, 09:21 PM
most times just when i'm anxiety its really just kind of funky becuase i notice if i'm in the car and i look out the window my vision is fine i wonder if i need glasses we'll see but anxiety defentily makes it worse love when your own eyes play tricks on u

steph0402
10-28-2008, 04:49 PM
i can relate to this!! it's def. due to your anxiety!!! i've been exeriencing this for a few months now!! my therapist is trying cbt to get rid of it but a couple people have told me once you can forget about it it'll go away... once you realize that ya your vision is "distorted" and thats fine and dandy then it'll start to go away