PDA

View Full Version : Is it Anxiety?

tracie
07-23-2010, 01:11 PM
So I'm not really sure but the way I describe myself is that I have anxiety all the time. I'm 33 and I've been on Celexa for about a year. I have constant feelings of stress - about work - home - everything in life stresses me. I drive my friends wild because sometimes I stress and start asking them a lot of questions regarding my stress of the moment. My shoulders are what I would call tight, like that's where I carry my stress. I've had these feelings for a long time, since I was a teenager but never had health insurance and I went untreated. Up until now I've been on 20 Celexa but today but Dr bumped me up to Celexa. I was wondering what other people use to treat their anxiety? About a year ago a doctor gave me some Ativan - only 15 of them. I feel like Ativan with Celexa makes me really able to cope. I talked to my Dr about it today but she doesn't like giving me ativan and says it's just a tranquilizer. Does anyone else use this combination? I'm glad to have found this forum to hopefully meet some new people.

Tracie

kenja
07-24-2010, 11:19 AM
hi

imm not sure about the drugs as they go by different names in different parts of the world, but what i will say is that if you are anxious all the time then the drugs are not going to cure you, they may feel as if they are helping you but that should only be temperary, they wont fix you infact in my expierience they will only make you worse