PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety for the heart and brain.

shavez
07-20-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm new here and really need someone to tell me they have been where I am right now.

My anxiety started about 2 years ago when i just turned 20. I was stressing so much that i managed to give myself a stomach ulcer, which was the worst thing ever. I was sick for 6 months because I was so scared it would happen again, and because of the monster tablets the doctor gave me.

After those six months, I recovered. I got my job back, got a place to study in London and I thought things were going great. After a few months, I left London because I couldnt handle it. I was so depressed and thought I was a total failure when I came back home again. but my friends helped me and my girlfriend and I got back together again.
I didnt work or do anything for 5 months after I got back home. I just was, but I was afraid to do anything because I was so content just being with my girl and chilling.
Sadly she dumped me..again, and all of sudden my body became really tight and intense. this was the weekend before my band was to go into the studio. I had a massive anxiety attack the day we were supposed to start recording. My heart starting pounding 200 bpm even though was standing still.
After that I've been afraid my heart is just going to stop or that that im going to get a brain ulcer or something.
all this anxiety has givin me massive back pains and I always feel I could just colapse anywhere and die. I have always been in good shape, I eat healthy and there are no sickness's in my family. But still i cant stop being afraid that something might happen to me..I dont really know what to do..help?

Sorry for writing so much :P

ThePhoenix
07-20-2010, 11:43 PM
I havent had the stomach ulcer part but I know the feelings you are having well. Geez I am pretty much in that spot as well at the moment.

Its an ongoing struggle for me too.

Its tricky with your heart because it speeds up when you are fearful, then you notice it speed up and get more scared...hence the heart beat gets faster and faster!

Try to just take a few deep breaths and go about doing something else and totally tune out your heart rate. You will probably fine it will just subside to the point you dont even notice it.