PDA

View Full Version : My story! Health anxiety?

love_game
07-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Hey there everyone,

New to this site, and its great knowing that there are other people out there that suffer from this, and its a great feeling to be able to write you feelings down and know that you wont be judged.

Well it all started at the end of May this year. I got the flu, no big deal took the flu meds and was fine after 3 days. About a week after that I ran a horrible fever, getting sick and had a very hurtful pain in my side. This happened on a Saturday and I couldn't go up to the doctors till the Tuesday. Well the doctor I went to wasn't my usual doctor, as my usual doctor only sits on certain days. I was in so much pain and was worried that I had to go and see any doctor. Well she listened to my symptoms and took a urine sample of me and said I had a kidney infection, she gave me my tabs and sent me on my way.

I didn't sleep at all during this infection, I dont know whether it was due to my pain, or the fact that I was constantly worryin about why I was in so much pain.

Well I took the meds for a week and the pain seemed to be getting worst so I went up to the ER. They took all my blood and said I had a high WBC, they thought that with the pain I was having everytime I breathed in deeply, that it was a blood clot. To say I was scared was an understatment. i think this was when I started to get the health anxiety. I was crying all the time and wouldn't eat, thinking that I had a blood clot. Well I had a CT scan and they said I didn't and that I must have a lung infection so gave me more meds and sent me home.

Well everything was well then, the pain went, but I still wasn't sleeping proper.

Then last week I had the feeling that my bladder was always full, so up I go again and they said I had another kidney infection!! Now this was when I really started to panic. I convinced myself that I have chronic illness that has me getting sick.

Then on Wednesday I noticed a bump on the inside of my left nostril, and I started freaking out, and Im still freaked out over it. I feel like the left side of my body is weaker then my right if that makes sense?

I keep getting tingles in my hands and feet and Im convinced I have a brain tumor, silly maybe but I cant seem to get these thoughts out of my head. Its like Im obsession about it and cant concentrate on anything else.

Im going back up to my doctor tomorrow hopefully, as I said he only sits three days a week and its very hard to get an appointment for the day you ring up so I may have to wait till Thursday.

Im just so worried.

Has anyone ever gone through this?

Sorry for the long post, and thank you for reading it lol!

Louise

forwells
07-18-2010, 04:29 PM
howdy
Sounds like anxiety to me .

I also had that weekness on one side and the tingles . It will past try not to worry about it and let your system settle down .

And if you are using google as a doctor stop it before it drives you completely mad. Google is not a doctor .
cheers kev

jon333
07-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Atypical love game.Being very sensitive to ones body changes,sensations. It makes you worry.But all to often a worry about what could be,and not what actually IS. Sleep well

love_game
07-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Hey, thank you for your reply.

I really do hope it pasts LOL. Going the doctor tomorrow ( hopefully ).

I let you know how I got on

ThePhoenix
07-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Sounds like pretty common anxiety to me too!

Dont worry about the tingles, I think most people on here have had them. The shakes as well, its pretty common as a anxiety side effect so dont try linking them to brain issues! They are anxiety issues!

Yeah...never ever ever google.

jon333
07-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Hehe,yeah,don't google up stuff. I did when i had my PA out of blue. Even reading the words ''panic attack'' made me feel very queasy at the time.Sounds silly.In a way,anxiety is a right bastard that tries to get a hold and depress you.But shout and swear at it loud to #### off,and keep telling yourself I AM GOING TO TAKE CONTROL,THE ///ME/// THAT I WAS BEFORE I LAPSED. No more worrying,feeling my pulse every 3 minutes (which i used to do for a short period) etc.
BTW,most importantly,LAUGH,smile.It does help. ;)