PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes Scare?

Dean_Girl
07-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Hi. I'm 16 and no one in my family has ever had diabetes. But, I've had an almost constant dry mouth for two days and a white film around my mouth because of it. My urination is completely normal and I haven't lost any weight. I'm wondering if it's because of my anxiety/panic attacks. I'm not thirsty, my mouth just feels dry. I sip water all day to keep it moist, but it never lasts long. And, the more I think about it, the drier it gets.
I feel like an idiot and I'm scared. Help please?

Captain Deep Breath
07-17-2010, 10:55 PM
I used to get that a lot. My dry mouth was partnered with this weird tick where i would swallow a lot. Not saliva or anything, just air.
The dry mouth really sucks and it can definitely be anxiety but if you have no other symptoms than that, i would think its nothing.

I wouldn't be too worried, no reason to get scared over a dry mouth, just ask your dentist or doctor.

ThePhoenix
07-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Hi. I'm 16 and no one in my family has ever had diabetes. But, I've had an almost constant dry mouth for two days and a white film around my mouth because of it. My urination is completely normal and I haven't lost any weight. I'm wondering if it's because of my anxiety/panic attacks. I'm not thirsty, my mouth just feels dry. I sip water all day to keep it moist, but it never lasts long. And, the more I think about it, the drier it gets.
I feel like an idiot and I'm scared. Help please?

I am pretty sure you will find its anxety, getting the whole dry mouth, then stressing about it is definately an anxiety trait, I have been going through something similiar lately as well.

blazer45
07-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Hello Dean_Girl I too had experienced dry month every morning. And that really pissed me off. But I realizes that this just happening when i don't get enough sleep or i don't drink a lot of water or sometimes it's because of the cream that we put to our face.