PDA

View Full Version : Where is Every1?

scatmantom
05-03-2006, 03:40 PM
And how is every1 doing?

shoe
05-05-2006, 11:21 AM
yeah, its been quiet around here for a while.. I guess people are busy :unsure:

I know I'm gonna be busy these next few weeks (this semester is nearing an end!!), plus I'm lazy about posting here sometimes hehe.

maybe poke around with a stick, see if anyone responds hehe :)

scatmantom
05-06-2006, 06:07 AM
haha, are you studying shoe?

leftie15
05-06-2006, 12:12 PM
hey tom i would have to say if noone is on there anxiety must be doing pretty good so i would see it as a plus but i would still like to hear from some people see if there doing anything different

anangel4me
05-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Hi everyone. I know that I haven't been participating in the forum enough lately. Alot going on but I am back. :)

shoe
05-17-2006, 08:12 AM
welcome back anangel. seems everyone has alot going on hehe. Well, hopefully its all good though! :)

anangel4me
05-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Good Morning Shoe. Yes, all is good. Still dealing with some anxiety but I just like everybody here who has this problem deals with it day by day. I am going on a 3 wk vacation in July to see my sister so I hope this will be good for me. Am I nervous, of course I am. :| But I can do it which I tell myself. I promised her that I would go. I can't let her down. But anyways, have a good day.

Irish
06-17-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm not keeping the best, I can't stop thinking about my heart even though the doctor tells me its fine :cry:

scatmantom
06-18-2006, 03:59 AM
hi irish...Im sure the Doctor is right and you have to try and trust his judgement. We all have thoughts like this from time to time its part of the anxiety.

Irish
06-18-2006, 04:56 PM
I know what your saying, But my mind is messed up all I can do is think about my heart ever since i took extacy. At the beginning I was like "wow my hearts beating way to fast" now it tends to stay down at about 50 a minute but I think im getting palps even tho i dont know what they are. When I'm in bed I flinch everytime it beats for no reason at all. If any of you in here suffer from anxiety with your heart please fill me in.

I'm 17 now and I dont want to have this for the rest of my life, I will end up going to the bridge :cry:

scatmantom
06-18-2006, 05:09 PM
well i know its not easy...paranoia is common after drugs. There are help lines tho...you dont have to be an addict to use the help lines. They give confidential advice...1 in the UK called FRANK or ask Frank or something. You could try talkin to them or emailin them from a temporary email account. Those people will have expert knowledge.
http://www.talktofrank.com/

hope that helps

06-19-2006, 12:31 PM
If any of you in here suffer from anxiety with your heart please fill me in.

My heart used to skip/flip-flop a lot. It had never done that before in my life but for a few months it just did it every now and then, especially if I was sitting down or laying down on my stomach. I looked the symptoms up online and saw they matched heart disease or something, so I was kind of freaking out.

I tried changing what I ate, I avoided stuff that seemed bad for the heart. My heart continued skipping for a month or two after my diet change so it may not have helped. Anyway, one day it simply stopped skipping and hasn't skipped once since.

You should try learning more about your heart; look stuff up with Yahoo, couldn't hurt to know more about the human heart, maybe it'll even calm you down. I hear stress can cause your heart to do this and you do seem pretty stressed out.

Oh yeah, I'm 19 by the way; and even though my heart isn't skipping anymore I still panic a bit when I think about it.

Irish
06-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Thanks for replying, You have actually helped me alot. I'm just back from a 2 mile jogg and I feel absoloutly great (especially after reading that)

Theres nothing better than knowing your not alone, I wish you all the best with your heart mate I know its hard, Your around the same age as me too.

Bob
06-21-2006, 08:53 PM
I was just finishing up my last semester of college, I had issues with my gallbladder ( I was experiencing gallbladder attacks) and one evening I had layed down to go to bed and I started to get a numb feeling in my left arm, it scared me I was concerned of heart attack, the more I thought about it the worse I felt chest pains neck pains cold numb hands. I went to the doctor and they said I was fine. EKG tested fine, I had a few over the next few weeks as I had gone into the emergency room complaining of a pain in my left arm and chest pains.

It has been 2 years since and I have had my gallbladder removed, which I am still having issues with; but thats a different story. Needless to say I used to get the chest palpitations you talked about it would bug me a lot . I tried Paxil it just made me like a zombie, eyes all bugged out and couldn't concentrate. I stopped taking that and tried to cope with this anxiety on my own.

I use a Calcium/magnesium vitamin along with a Vitamin B complex before bed and it seems to help. I was at a point when I wouldn't go out or do anything, I couldn't watch movies cause my anxiety would flare up I would cry when I listened to songs that had really no emotional value. In short I was a wreck.

My advise to you is active living, I started to Ride my mountain bike and I have noticed a huge decrease in my anxiety.

Keep your head up man you're not alone.