PDA

View Full Version : hi

jackie86
04-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi, I'm a twenty year old female living with my parents. Recently, my parents have got this urge to move. Well, we checked out the areas, we picked out. They found a town-on the way home-that they like, but other than visiting the town, I can't imagine living their. It's too small for me and I've always been in the city. It's also just not practical to me. I already tried talking to them about it. Their dead set on it. I don't know what to do. I just feel really trapped, like I don't get a say so or choice in any of this. It's making my parents be very upset and angry with me, because I'm against it. I don't know what to do, any help advice appreaciated. It's just made me so very depressed. Thanks.

scatmantom
04-29-2006, 05:56 AM
well you have to understand that most people dont liek to move, but if thats what your parents want to do, then you will have to let them.

Besides you could stay in the city and get your own place if your dead set against moving far from where you are now :D

jackie86
04-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Well if it had been the city we originally picked out, I was all up for moving, but to some very small town in the country I can't picture it. It just isn't bright seeming either, the hospitals aren't close, grocery shopping and all that type of junk is far away. The houses are extremely expenses, to the point I don't see how we'd be able to make it by. Especially, when they want to start their own business when we get up their. They've already took out sooo many loans now on the house we're in. Every time they've had their own business too, its just made us get into debt further and the business has gone under (already been eight business).

I couldn't work enough here to be able to make rent too on my own. My parents are somewhat controlling to about issues like that, to the point they'd never let me.

My mother used to tell me a story about how her parents would always take her and her siblings to this town, and it would be nice as a vacation, but when they actually had to move up their it was miserable for them. That and my mother always stated that she was never happy the four years she was their.

Thanks for reading,
Jackie.

scatmantom
04-30-2006, 05:20 AM
well im only 20 myself so i dont have much life experience in terms of starting a buisness or anything. I moved out when i was 18 and it was the best thing I ever did. I hope you find happiness and this situation sorts itself out for you

tom