PDA

View Full Version : Do I have anxiety

mum4girls
07-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I could never do public speeches, stand out front of the class, I would most likely talk fast and almost pass out.
When I got married at 19 I felt like I was going to pass out, I was so shy when I had to repeat the words, that I said them quickly and it's like I heard myself saying the words, my heart palpatated, got hot and flushed.
I went into a grocery store one day, Aldi, and you have to quickly put your groceries on the conveyer belt, and she can be waiting for you at the other end already, I felt shy, and I went flustered and nervous, people looking at me, and then I forgot my pin number, and I got so nervous and flustered heart palpatated, dizzy almost about to pass out, felt like I was in a dream, like no one was really real, this wasn't all really real, just a nightmare.
I had 2 ladies come to my house, to ask questions about fostering, as I was interested in becoming a foster carer, they come in and are so straight looking at me interigating me nicely though, but mostly all eyes on me, as they for me all questions for me, until it came to my partners turn, but I looked guilty of something, I was so shy and I thought I would pass out, I shook inside of me, I had to keep picking up my child to distract them and myself from them looking at me constantly, like to break that redning that I felt my face was on fire, it's like I have panic attacks, but more noticable to me, but I think everyone notices them.
My partner will ask me, when I come just from grocery shopping, have only been gone an hour, he will say "did you see anyone, did you stop anywhere, what did you do, I feel interigated, and all I did was went shopping, but he keeps looking into my eyes and I get nervous and then when I get all nervous I feel he might think I'm lying as I get all hot and flushed, then I say later on, sometimes I get nervous when you ask me questions, I feel on the spot etc, and I haven't even done nothing wrong, they say usually you can tell if a person lies by the way they scratch their chin, or get hot nervous or flustered, adn that's what I do, and get like, but I"m not lying, even Dr Phil shows will say, How to know if someone is lying, but I'm not, drives me nuts to be this way.
I'm getting worse as I get older, I was wondering could it be I"m just always at home with children, I never get out, I'm more comfortable around for instance, if I know everyone at playgroup I'm ok, but if I were to walk into a playgroup and I'm the last there I'm so shy and feel everyone is looking at this new girl, I always like to be the first at places, so I can look at other people instead.
If I was sitting around a big dining table with friends and some people I didn't even know, and someone suddenly said to me, 'so Trudie what do you do for a living" and they all had their eyes on me, I just say "nothing much" I get lost for words and want the eyes off me to someone else.
I don't exercise much, as I said I"m thin, but I still need exercise for the realease of endorphins etc.

Herbal things to take that work great, I never really drink alcohol, have done I could count on one hand, but it makes me so relaxed only need one cup of it and I'm different and happy, merry, and nothing bothers me,
I nag at times my partner, as I worry to much.

The list goes on.
I can never get off a topic either once I get onto to it. Does this sound like anxiety?
I bite my fingernails all the time, like especially when bored or stressed or nervous. Who do I see about anxiety, a special doctor?

forwells
07-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Howdy mum4girls :D

I am guessing by your post your another Aussie .

To answer your question , i have no doubt you have anxiety from what you have wrote .

I have felt much of what you have in the past and once you start to work on things you will get past it .

You may like to talk to your doctor , Now this doctor may want to place you on tablets . At best they will cover the problem and at worst they will make you worst . I think that you have handle it till now so you should get a referal to do some CBT with a phycologist.

CBT is a way were you learn to face and change your thinking .
Example feel everyone is looking at this new girl yo would change by just not caring what they think . Remember good old Dr Phill says if you only realised how little people did think about you then you would never worry what they thought .

It takes some time to change your thinking and i think it would work for you . Also i think you would also be able to past it on to your kids and stop them from heading were you are now .

Try also not to google as it will send you round the twist , This is a big problem with people with anxiety and most of the stuff you google is crap and of no help
Try a site call anxietycenter and pay the small fee to join , It will explain anxiety in good detail to you . Also try getting Dr Weekes books and she explains it well as she had it , She is the mother of what is now CBT .

Ok one last thing
I went into a grocery store one day, Aldi, and you have to quickly put your groceries on the conveyer belt, and she can be waiting for you at the other end already, I felt shy, and I went flustered and nervous, people looking at me, and then I forgot my pin number, and I got so nervous and flustered heart palpatated, dizzy almost about to pass out, felt like I was in a dream, like no one was really real, this wasn't all really real, just a nightmare. :P

I like this one , See CBT will help you here , I think the way they toss things down is a pain for anyone . You are just reading to much into things here .

cheers kev :)