PDA

View Full Version : Does anxiety cause a change in.....

panicsucks
07-05-2010, 01:44 AM
.... what you do?

i've been thinking more and more about this and i seem to do alot of the same things i.e. sit and watch something i know keeps my mind occupied etc....

its lead me to think that my entire behavior pattern has build itself around anxiety making me do things that make me less anxious and its almost obsessive.

would this seem right or am i just thinking too much?

alex1993
07-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Most people who suffer from anxiety change what they do somehow. I like to work with my hands, but I've been doing to more often now to occupy myself. My mom keeps telling that it is a great thing to do with anxiety. So I usually sew. Then there are certain things I avoid. I try nto to think too much about anything because that scares me, and I don't want to read about certain things.

am I going on the same track as you? :tongue:

panicsucks
07-05-2010, 11:24 AM
curtainly sounds about right to me... i need to learn to stop reading into things and stuff like that :cry:

jma1024
07-05-2010, 03:42 PM
oh yes i try to occupy myself with things that wont me anxious. like for me its video games. for me video games gives me an escape because im not thinking as much about my health which is what triggers most my anxiety but im focused on the game im playing.

alex1993
07-05-2010, 07:49 PM
curtainly sounds about right to me... i need to learn to stop reading into things and stuff like that :cry:same... oh god for the past few days I've been using all of my willpower to not look up anything. Hopefully one day I can just read about schizo whithout being scared