PDA

View Full Version : Progress Update

Bridgie
04-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Oh my, so many things have been going on that I have had to deal with, but I've been dealing! First of all, my dad became ill and was hospitalized about 6 weeks ago, he is now in rehab. Well, having to deal with being in hospitals, etc., taking my mom around to do shopping and stuff because she can't drive (I can't either, so my husband has been taking us around) checking out retirement communities, now we are dealing with realtors to sell their house. OMG, it's been really hard but somehow I have managed to cope with all of these things without totally losing it.

Then the greatest thing I did which I am really proud of, is I volunteered to head up an arts committee for a local Earth Day Celebration which was last weekend. I had to deal with all the artists, and set up and everything. AND I volunteered to get up and give a speech and an award at the event and I DID IT!!!!!! I was nervous as hell, and had to take 2 clonazapams, but I DID IT! OMG in front of 300 or more people.

Wow. I forced myself to go out and do all of these things and I did!
Yeah for me!

:lol:

shoe
04-27-2006, 07:40 AM
wow Bridgie, that is awesome! Congratulations! You've certainly been through a lot, and it's nice to see that you seem to be a stronger person for it. =)

scatmantom
04-27-2006, 02:26 PM
yea nice to hear that you are facing these challenges and getting through it well :D :) ;)

Bridgie
04-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Thanks guys, it's been hard but okay. I really think when you have to look out for other people, it makes you forget about your own anxieties. Don't you think?

scatmantom
04-28-2006, 10:46 AM
yes I understand that totally, people can do extra-ordinary things when dealing with hardship with close 1s. Anxiety jsut becomes insignificant :D