PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about final year of University

scatmantom
04-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Hey every1, im a student and am studying on a 4 year degree. Im currently in the 3rd year of my studies and am starting to worry about my final year already. Its only April and I dont even start the final year untill september.

Its not a slight worry, tonight I have been very anxious and am not able to take my mind off it. Its not going to do me any good to stress about it now, all it will do is make me feel bad when the time comes to do some work.

Is there any advice people can give me towards WORKING through anxiety as in the final year i will be under tremendous stress and pressure.

Any advice would be great :)

Thanks

Cathie
05-04-2006, 08:19 AM
You could try a nightly hypnosis tape. I did it 4 a while when I was at uni, seemed t help. i would recommend Glenn Harold, get from Amazon, he got a weird voice but he's really good. I think the theory is it completely relaxes you so its easier to relax during the day. I did my tapes just before bed but you can do them at any time of the day, but getting into a routine is best. Glenn Harrold has done loads of dif CDs but my fav is Complete Relaxation, does what it says.
Its worth a try for about £8!
Hope that helps.
Cathie

scatmantom
05-04-2006, 02:35 PM
thats great advice cathie, and for £8 u are right, it must be worth a go!

scatmantom
05-11-2006, 03:25 PM
at the moment when I look to the future i see such difficult hurdles and i dont know why Im constantly thinking about how things can go wrong. Why do I have to live like this, it just doesnt make sense, its like my brain is on a self destruct mission, it wants me to have a miserable life. It wants me to stay single and it wants me to fail university. I just feel that there is nothing I can do to beat it. The past 3 years ive come a long way, but the last 2 months Ive moved backwards and things are just are hard now as they have ever been.

Sorry to be so negative but im having a rough time of it at the minute.

Bridgie
05-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Scatman! Your mind is playing tricks on you. It is all just the anxiety of the anxiety. Show your mind you are in control, and don't let it get the best of you! You can do it, be in control! I know deep down you want to succeed at these things. You don't want to be overcome by the monster: anxiety. Show it who's in charge, and take over!

I know you have it in you to do what you want!

:D

Nicoleco
04-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Hey, i am a student, and I am graduating this spring with an accounting degree and i work full time throughout my four years. The best advice i can give you is make sure you take care of your health first, and the other things will work out. 1) get enough sleep 2) eat healthy, and just be honest with yourself with how much effort your going to have to put it, the rest is in god's hand!! good luck!