PDA

View Full Version : Just started Cipralex today

Fat Elvis
06-28-2010, 10:01 PM
I've had Anxiety for as long as I can remember (more to the point, S.A.D) but I've always just fought it, never told anyone about it.

In the last year I've been on a downward spiral, dealing with things that I suspect would cause depression & stress for a 'healthy' individual. So I finally broke down and saw my DR.

After a short talk, he was confident that my depression, anxiety & OCD were most likely the cause of a chemical imbalance and gave me 12 tablets of Cipralex and told me to come back in 2 weeks.

I took a half tablet (5mg) right there in his office...this was today around 2pm.

It didn't take long to feel its effects, I even went shopping 2 hours later.....strange to be around people without anxiety or 'the sweats'.

To be honest I was amazed at my comfort level, I felt somewhat stoned.
In truth this is the reason I was a 'pothead' when I was younger, I only quit because weed was starting to make me paranoid.

But here I am about 6 hours after my 1st 5mg and I can feel a 'tightness' creeping back into my chest and a 'numbed' anxiety floating around in my stomach. Was 5mg to little?

I am 6'4", 240 pounds.

My Dr said to take half or whole depending on how I felt. I wonder if I should take a 10mg tomorrow?

Should I take the remaining 5mg tonight? (remainder from what I took in DR office)

Any experienced advice would be welcome.

timm
07-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Sorry you didn't get an answer Elvis. I hope you're doing ok.

This group doesn't get a lot of traffic, and your question is so health specific that a doctor or pharmacist would have to answer it. And even they don't know how you're going to react to the drug for sure - they can just make an educated guess, and leave you to deal with the risks and consequences. It's a bit harsh but that's the sad truth of how it works.

I've been on lots of meds and I would advise you to read and research and let someone you know that you have started a new drug, so they can keep an eye on you.

Take care.