PDA

View Full Version : Breathing help

jma1024
06-28-2010, 04:12 PM
ok so i thought i was doing ok the past few weeks but the past week has been terrible if i close my mouth and try to breath normally thru my nose i get this feeling that im not getting enough air thru my nose. so lately ive been having to breath thru my mouth to think im getting enough air, and i know that cant look pretty with my mouth open constantly. also ive been feeling the need to yawn sometimes to get a good breath. ive read on here difficulty breathing is just another sign of anxiety and my doctor told me all the signs when i first was told i have anxiety almost 3yrs ago.

also since this has started when i talk i always think im not breathing right or enough and been giving short awnsers and havent been talking much unless i need to but as soon as im done talking i stop and think im i breathing ok and i kinda have this butterfly feeling in my stomach.

if anyone can give me hope or tips or just support it be great. i try so hard not to google anymore as i found out and learned my lesson not to google health problems when you suffer from anxiety

vivalavida00
06-28-2010, 04:43 PM
I feel exactly the same way I get so scared sometimes because I feel that at some point I won't be able to breath and I'll die!...I haven't been to the doctor but will have to do so sometimes this week because it is a horrible feeling most likely to be a symptom of Anxiety :(

jma1024
06-28-2010, 05:28 PM
im pretty sure its anxiety for me to because this is what i go thru everytime usually its my heart im doing everything i did when i was worrying about my heart only now im focused on breathing. my current employer doesnt off insurance my doctor visit for just a check up is over 50 bucks and he would likely send me for some test to be sure its nothing else. but everytime he has sent me for tests everything always came back normal.

i cant talk to my parents everytime i say something like my chest hurts they go the doctor told you before its anxiety just dont think about it. its so hard not to think about it. damn anxiety kicks my a#$

i wish you the best at your doctor's

Charmbracelet81
06-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Jason,
My main focus is my heart also, but when my heart is being "good" I move on to my breathing. And I freak myself out thinking how can I "just breath" without thinking about it? Then I panic and make sure I focus on my breathing and think "I have to make myself breath or it won't happen." It's a vicious cycle. Almost like which hell would I choose over the other? My heart or my breathing? It sucks so bad :|