PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I am going insane

alex1993
06-23-2010, 12:32 PM
I just can't look at the world normally. Everything I do, whenever I sit and think about it, my world is never was how it used to be. I get dizzy, and I just feel so out of it. I think my vision is changing, or something. I'm sensitive to light, but then at other times I think my world is getting darker and darker. But that isn't true. I don't have DP/DR, but I just feel like my perception of the world has changed. I'm obviously not going insane, but it feels like it!! I just can't enjoy anything now, because I feel like it is different. My anxiety started after a very powerful (huuuge DP/DR) experience with weed, (2 months ago) and now I just feel so messed up!! :cry:

I just needed to get that off my chest

Charmbracelet81
06-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Once in a while I will get DR. Then it takes a long time for me to "feel" like everything really is here and happening.
Since my anxiety hit, my view of the world is completley different than it was also. I easily pick the negative things, and I know it sounds weird/bad, but I freak out wondering why the F we are even here anyways. I can get myself goin' that's for sure. :roll:

alex1993
06-29-2010, 08:07 PM
thanks for your input charmbracelet :D

but not to be annoying, but does anyone else have any thoughts?

alex1993
06-29-2010, 08:10 PM
I am also just ABSOLUTELY convinced that I will become shizophrenic. does anyone else have that feeling that something WILL happen?

mishka
07-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes I am so scared of going insane too. My memory is terrible right now.

Panics are so bad I sit starin into space and hours pass without me actually knowing it. I pass, I speak out loud to try and get to grips with things and try and calm myself down. My partner thought over the ast few months I had actually lost m mind.

alex1993
07-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I am absolutely freaking out! This is absolutely the worse thing that could ever happen to someone. I am absolutely convinced that (now i've started to cry, no, bawl like a 4 year old) I am going to get it. I always overthink things now, like, I look at a car, and I think about its inner workings, and lines and creases, and I get absolutely petrified, because I think it is an insane thought. i just feel like my world is getting more and more f----ed up, that what this is isn't anxiety anymore, this is something different. But it probably is anxiety, I am just so messed up over this right now. It has just gotten so much more complex and I have many more thoughts about the whole thing. I feel like I should just kill myself, because I am so certain that I am just going to lose my mind, my soul, and my happiness, there is just no hope.

michaelcheney
07-02-2010, 07:17 AM
I used to have similar thoughts (especially as some of this is in my family) but here's my advice to you...

Breathe. Sounds simple but it's very deep.

Whenever you feel the thoughts "taking over" just catch yourself and take 1, 2 or 3 deep breaths in thru your nose and out thru your nose. Make sure your abdomen expands as you breathe in.

The thoughts you have are entirely normal - about the level of detail etc. Bad thoughts are ok. Good thoughts are ok.

Also, think of things you experience like a deck of cards, what;s been dealt has gone so you can't do anything about it. And what is still to come cannot be changed either. The only thing you need to focus on is the here and NOW, this very instant here when you can feel that breath and hear the sound of your breathing. This is the ONE card you need to focus on and you dont ever have to look at other "cards".

Kinda weird, but hope it helps man!

Dont worry, you're not going crazy and you most certainly shouldn't top yourself

vivalavida00
07-02-2010, 12:19 PM
I think all of us who suffer from anxiety feel this way, it is the worst feeling ever and yes, it does seem like we are never going to be like we were before but there has to be a way. My best recommendation is to simply think of the few/many positive things that you can think of, that is why I try to do when I feel this way.