PDA

View Full Version : Impatient with CBT

mhdwjw
06-21-2010, 02:04 AM
I have been suffering anxiety for 3 months now and am seeking a psych doing CBT. I understand CBT and am trying to apply it but I just feel like it is going nowhere. It is so hard when you have such strong physical sensations to try to put rational thoughts in place. I know it will take time for the brain to be retrained but it is so frustrating. Anyone found CBT a success?

Charmbracelet81
06-21-2010, 12:39 PM
I have been in CBT for 10 months and it was definitely a SLOW start! I would get confidence but then my heart would skip, or I would get dizzy and it all went down the drain fast and I felt like I would NEVER get better. I owuld cry all the time, so frustrated and knowing nothing will ever save me. Fast forward to now and I am doing SO much better. The exposures are hard, but it does work for me. I have a coping kit. Do you have one? I literally would have a panic attack just going to a store thats 4 minutes from my house and just last week I drove to the top of the mountain and while my anxiety was high, I remembered that this was on my "nope, I'm not going there" list and now here I was. I know successful treatment is different for everyone, but like I said, it was a slow start because there's just so much to pick through and figure out.