PDA

View Full Version : I had another attack and no relief

KnowImCrazy
04-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Hi Experts,

I am completely miserable. I am wondering if any one can give me any advice on how to cope with my situation.

I went to a massage place and didn't do ANYTHING sexual (no handjob, no oral or Vaginal or anal sex).

However, before the girl massages u she gives you a sponge bath. However, during the sponge bath she didn't use hardly any water or soap (the pressure was horrible) and as a result, she slashed the inside of my leg and my heal.

The brush was a very abrasive plastic brush and the long thing scratches that were created, bled and took a few days to heal.

What I can't stop thinking about is what if there was Blood from the guy who the other girl rubbed on the brush and then 5 minutes later she cut me with the brush, I am worred I could have gotten HIV or HEP B or HEP C.

On the expert sites they said there is NO CHANCE for HIV and nearly no chance for the other two, but now I am having all kinds of symptoms. (Chest Rash, Night Sweats, Nausea) Luckily, the most common symptom, fever, i haven't had yet. Plus no sore throat and no lymph problems.

I cannot sleep, I am eating too much, and my relationship with my wife is having major problems.

How do you guys cope? I am of course going to get tested, but I have to wait until July 1 bec of the window period. My life is going down the tubes until then.

Please help if you can.

shoe
04-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi Experts,

I went to a massage place and didn't do ANYTHING sexual (no handjob, no oral or Vaginal or anal sex).

Okay.. that part of your post totally threw me off. was not expecting that hahaha.. wtf.. are there massage places that also add in sex? And a sponge bath too huh. This is certainly new stuff to me.

If you're serious about all this, though.. I'd certainly complain to the place, and express your concerns about this whole matter. At the very least a massage place should not be opening any wounds! Yikes!

As far as the symptoms go.. you could have gotten the rash from something else.. even that sponge she was using could have caused your chest to inflame and itch. The night sweats and nausea could be your anxiety.

Im sorry I cant help you more.. I'm still a bit baffled about the sentence I quoted lol.

kem
04-25-2006, 11:36 AM
You're totally fine...as far as the scratches go. The liklihood that you got anything serious is minimal to none. When I get obsessive about my health I have found that the best thing to do is just go to the doctor. No matter how insane I may feel when walking in, I feel much better after leaving and I'm told everything is fine.

I don't like your profile name "iknowi'mcrazy". That makes me sad. You're not crazy at all. Just plagued with worrie. All the people here in these forums can completely understand why you'd worry about this situation. We understand.

I have joined these forums because I want to spread the word about what has helped me overcome daily panic attacks, agorophobia, OCD and social anxiety disorder. The Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety. Some people have seen the infomercials they put on. I went through the program (a self-help program) about two years ago and it has changed my life dramatically! I was on Zoloft for a long time and it just didn't work.

Now, I graduated college, have a job, a real relationship, I even went to New Zealand this past summer with 45 strangers for a month! Had the time of my life.

I highly recommend this program! They cover every single anxiety problem and include depression too. Its extremely thurough and you will not be disappointed. I've encouraged a few friends to get it and all who have , simply raved about how much they are enjoying it!

I hope this helps some. If not, I hope you find help soon! Life is too wonderful to miss due to stupid anxiety.!!!

KnowImCrazy
04-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Believe it or not, I didn't go to the doctor because they know nothing about HIV. I did call some hotlines and looked at some websites and they said my risk was minmal too.

But you always think in your mind, you could be that 1 in a million situation (just getting on that one wrong plane for instance) and your whole life is over.

The last doctor I went to gave me a test for a 2 week HIV exposure. The testing window is 3 months. Need I say more.

Do you work for the Midwest Anxiety Center?

Bridgie
04-26-2006, 02:14 PM
I don't understand how a sponge bath can give you slashes? Wow. What the heck?

Anyhoo, Crazy, try not to worry. We all think about a gazillion things that can kill us everyday. Falling down the stairs, contracting pneumonia, aids, heart attack, stroke, cancer, car wreck, hit by a bus, allergic reaction, bit by a brown recluse, or a poisonous snake, attack by a pit bull, etc. You see what I am saying? Hypochondria is a symptom of our anxiety. We are all afraid to die.

But hey, who isn't going to die? You just have to face your own mortality. And try and realize your extra anxiety over the situation is just that, your anxiety stepping in.

I'm sure you are fine, and try to stay away from researching to much into these illnesses, because it will only make your anxiety worse.

Good Luck!

KnowImCrazy
04-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Bridgie,

If you had seen this brush, it was a hard plastic brillo type brush
Thank you so much. Your post was so helpful. My therapist gave me some homework (make a list of things you can say to yourself that will calm yourself down)

So here it is. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Let me know what you guys think:

1. Everything is going to be OK.
2. Whatever happens you are strong enough to handle it.
3. You have lived a good life, and we all have to go sometime anyway, so why worry about it, just live your life.
4. You won’t even know it if something happens
5. You have little or no control over what happens to you, so why try.
6. Worrying and fearing will have no effect on the situation whatsoever.
7. Let go of the handrail, it will be OK.
8. You will hurt yourself just as much if not more by worrying about it.
9. Fear is the mind killer. Walk through the fear and come out the other side a stronger, better person.
10. Just live your life and don’t worry, you can’t do anything about it anyway.
11. 20,000 other unseen things could happen to you just as easily if not more easily, so relax and enjoy the ride.
12. Most things that you have feared have ended up being the most fun things you have ever done.
13. By fearing, you aren’t living your life anyway, so what are you worried about?
14. Work and Fun is the fear killer, so spend your time on these two things.
15. Have faith that G-d has a plan and will forgive you.
16. Feel the fear and anxiety, recognize it for what it is, just that, and keep moving.

kem
04-26-2006, 03:32 PM
i'm sure everyone whose read my rantings thinks i work for them. its understandable. but, nope. i work for the american cancer society but am considering going back to school to study mental health.

KnowImCrazy
04-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Hi Kem,

I didn't mean to offend you, I was just wondering.

by the way, did anyone find my list helpful?

What are some of the things you guys do to deal with Anxiety?

shoe
04-27-2006, 07:38 AM
knowimcrazy,

that list is very good =) I think it's very true of how we should be thinking and trying to face things. good job.

as far as how i'm working on my anxiety - I'm sorta not right now.. I am just taking klonopin to help get rid of anxiety, but not doing anything proactive because I feel I know what I need but don't see any places that provide it. (plus, I've had money troubles for a while and that makes it hard to pay for any kind of treatment) oops, sorry if thats a downer. On the positive side, I *did* join an SA meetup group in NYC and will try to visit with them during the summer!

KnowImCrazy
04-28-2006, 04:14 PM
What is SA?

shoe
04-28-2006, 10:22 PM
sorry, thats Social Anxiety :) called 'social phobia' too

Angel
05-07-2006, 07:29 AM
damn, you should go to a slasher fetish message board and recommend this place you once thougth utopia. And tell those guys about it, so you kan get paid for every customer you bring.

KnowImCrazy
05-09-2006, 07:01 AM
I know, it hurt like crazy and obviously freaked me out beyond belief.

I am still very freaked about it to be honest.

anangel4me
05-17-2006, 08:31 AM
KnowImCrazy, first and foremost, good morning 2u. I was reading your topic about the massage incident. I just wanted to know if you had received some help or how are you coping with what happened?

KnowImCrazy
05-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Hi Angl,

thank you for your concern. My first HIV test came back negative, But I am still freaked a bit as I am waiting for my Hep C test

How are you?

anangel4me
05-18-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm fine Know, thanks for asking. I hope everything turns out okay for you.