PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety level = HIGH

Alvinmg
06-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Presently my anxiety level is at the highest it's been in years. It started about three day ago with a muscle twitch in my right bicep. Of course I'm the type of person to Goggle muscle twitches and what do you get, ALS...... Since I always believe in the worse I now have ALS.... So here is the whole story.

About 2 months ago I was carrying a box and it was heavy and one of the corner of the box was digging into the inside of my elbow on top of the bicep muscle and I carried the box over 200 yards. The next day I started with the muscle twitches in my bicep and it went away in a couple of day. About the same time I had to quit exercising because of work and before I quit I was walking 4 miles a day and doing 150 pushups a day. I have been away from the exercises for 3 weeks and a week ago I went back to exercising again. Well the type of person I am I went right back to do the same exercises I did before. You would think I would have slowly gone back to what I was doing before. So, two days later the same muscle twitch started again and has been twitching on and off for three days. When I'm doing something the twitching is not there, it's when I'm resting and I start looking for the twitches that they start again. This is where the anxiety comes into play. I start tensing up my muscles and I get twitches all over my body. I do take small amounts of xanax for my anxiety and when I take one .25 mg the twitches just about stop.

When I'm sitting down relaxing what I'm doing is surfing the net and finding all kinds of bad deseases that I can have and of course I have the worse one. Even thought I don't have any other symptom I still believe I have the worse one.

The only symptom I have is the twitchy muscle. I don't have any lose of strenght in any kind of way. Besides the twitchy muscle I feel I am very healthy. Everything I read on the Net is the twitching comes last after the muscle is wasted. I have no wasted muscles...

I do have to add that my brother was diagnosed with ALS a year ago.

Sorry for rambling.....I just had to get everything out on the table.

Thanks for reading

Charmbracelet81
06-20-2010, 02:46 PM
The internet is bad for us anxiety sufferers, but we still do it! I am like you, only I beleive I have a heart disorder. I have "skipped heartbeats" from the anxiety (all tests were fine) and I still don't beleive was professionals tell me, I think I have heart disease, or a bad rythm and THAT'S THAT!! My aunt had heart surgery 2 years ago, and I really started focusing on what my heart was doing...much like your brother having ALS and you thinking about it now. I just don't know why it's so hard to believe professionals that were trained years and years...our anxious minds wins everytime! :roll:

palow
06-20-2010, 07:24 PM
You did not mention the one thing that can ease your worries, which is to go see a doctor about the muscle twitches.

Don't forget that anxiety is a natural reflex meant to warn you of danger. Maybe it is getting worse because you are refusing to get a checkup that you need. Just get it done. Whatever the result, it's better than living in fear of not knowing. Good luck.

Patrick

Alvinmg
06-21-2010, 09:22 PM
I took you suggestion. I have an appointment with a Neurologist on Thursday 6/24 at 2pm.

Thanks
Alvin

palow
06-22-2010, 08:17 PM
That's good to hear. If your tests come out negative and you're still worried, then you have true anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorder means you are anxious or panicky when there is absolutely no danger around. If that is the case, then you need to get cognitive behavioural therapy or do a structured programme from a book or an online anxiety treatment programme.

I have reviews of the latter on my website. I sell them. I went through the Linden programme late last year and the results were so amazing I decided to market it and some other good ones I found. It's not easy, though, and not an instant miracle cure.

Patrick