PDA

View Full Version : THOUGHTS & HELL !!

Razz
06-16-2010, 03:17 PM
I have a medical condition that causes lots of pain and constant strange symptoms. I am becoming aware that my thoughts of the suffering and the negative resulitng thoughts may be keeping my anxiety into total breakdown and my medical condition way worse.

I know they say that CBT and our thoughts are the key to anxiety but how important is it really. Do just negative or thougth of over concern really keep us sick...how important has it beenfor your recoverfy

Thanks for reading

James

Charmbracelet81
06-17-2010, 10:39 AM
For me, I really do think I was/am still a little, physically sick because of the thoughts. I am in CBT, almost a year now, and understanding the thoughts and how to deal with them has helped my anxiety so much. Every single day I would have chest tightness and pain, various aches and pains, tired, skipped heartbeats all day long/heart flutters, and now I have hardly no physical symptoms at all, except for the occassional panic attack. Now that the thoughts aren't as intrusive as they have been in the past before I started receiving treatment, I don't feel nearly as physically sick as I used to a year ago. :D