PDA

View Full Version : 5 HTP / LIGHTHEADEDNESS / GAD

cskrone
06-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi All -

I am in the middle of a move and have been living out of boxes for 2 weeks now and supposed to be moving in the next week or two. My roommate, who I have been living with for a year, moved out last week and, ever since, I have become very lightheaded and dizzy to the point of feeling in a haze.
I have been like this before but I haven't had these symptoms in over a year. I also feel it's very hard catching my breath and I have dread feelings that are now coming up.

The past week as well, I have tried 5 HTP. I was on 50mg and now I'm taking 200mg per my naturopaths recommendation.

I feel like I'm on a cloud when talking to people and I'm suppppperrr lightheaded and "wobbly" "off balance" etc.

I'm having a very hard time figuring out if this is just the way that anxiety is presenting itself (I've had pyschosomatic things in the the past) or if it's the 5 HTP and I should stop the 5 HTP.

And, 5 HTP should take a few weeks to work so I want to stick it out and not give up too soon which is what I ALWAYS do now with medicines/supplements.

:shock: