PDA

View Full Version : wellbutrin and paranoia--help

oc21dc
06-07-2010, 07:03 PM
ive been taking wellbutrin for approximately 7 months to treat GAD; i made the switch from SSRIs after suffering from "personal" side effects.

only within the last couple of months, ive come to notice that ive been worried and paranoid about a couple of issues. one has been my health; it seems like every little bump on my skin or cough that i have is symptomatic of a larger illness. the other is my girlfriend; we've been together for about 8 months, but all of the sudden i feel as if she doesnt love me anymore and that she's gonna break up with me.

i have come to the point where i dont know if any of these feelings are real or imagined. has anyone else suffered from paranoia / paranoid thoughts--such as those listed above--while on wellbutrin? what can i do to cope with these thoughts / feelings?

please help!

hesson81
06-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Awesome, your going to do fine.

I'm not on any medication, nor do i know what the side effect of wellbutrin are. I can't comment on that.

As far as your feelings and thoughts, your going to do fine, because You know that the thoughts and feels aren't real. Sounds to me like you know that they are false, because you refer to them as thoughts/feelings.

You recognize that, so don't give em any energy. one thing I have learned with anxiety and thoughts is you gotta lie to yourself. You know they are thoughts and feelings only, so when they come up lie like you have never lied before. Then Distract yourself. Over time (not much really) you'll start to believe it, and over a little more time you'll see that the feelings go away., after that the thoughts tend to just fade.