PDA

View Full Version : Will my vision get better

penguino84
05-20-2010, 10:27 PM
First off hello everyone. i am new to this I have read a lot of what you all have wrote and am in the same boat. This whole thing started about 2 months ago for me and have been the worst months of my life. I have been in and out of the hospital and have seen several other doctors, they all say different things and its costing me a fortune(no insurance).

I have been put on depression medication and feel like I am getting to be more like myself. I have started to ignore the symptoms and work through them when I have panic attacks, but one thing had been persistent. My vision had gotten blurry and when I am in public, like stores or restaurants its a feeling of my eyes not being able to focus on one thing. I feel like this is causing most of my migraines, and am wondering if anyone has had a similar story and if so will my vision get better on over time or will I need to see an eye doctor or worse am I stuck with this? Any help would be great, and thanks to everyone for being here, reading this forum is great therapy.

trperkins
05-21-2010, 08:26 AM
As a matter of fact, any anti-depressants, tranquilizers, sleeping pills and most of the medications meant for the treatment of mental disorders as well as certain muscle relaxants would surely cause blurry visions when they are taken for the long-term. And in my case, I could hardly read anything from the newspapers, television and simply could not drive and would simply need someone to guide me along when going out to anywhere.

As such, based on my very own experiences of dealing with such a problem, I would try my very best to cut down on my reliances on such medications to deal with my illnesses by seeking non-medicational helps such as massages, physiotherapies, chiropratic treatments, light exercises, meditations, alternative medicines, social / emotional / interactive / communication aides and supports from the ones close to me to improve on my medical situations.

Besides, as to the problems with blurry vision, it can actually be gradually improved and finally fully restored over time once the dosage of the related medications are reduced progressively or under certain permissible scenario, the intake of such medications is quit once and for all (provided that one has fully recovered from the related illnesses)

njmom
05-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Did your blurry vision start before you were taking the meds? Mine started before I was put on meds, and the meds have not helped it. Mind you, I have been to the opthalmologist twice since the blurry vision started and everything is 100% fine except for a tiny astigmatism that she doesn't even write a script for. I can't even say thats its blurry all the time... but like you said, its like I can't focus on the thing I am looking at. Its strange. I noticed certain things are always blurry and I cannot see road signs from far away at all... the biggest thing is white lettering for me. The guide on my TV is blue background with white letters and thats the worst. I guess alot of road signs are green backgrounds with white lettering so I guess thats why I have issues with those too. It can also have to do with pupils that are dilated more than they should be which is a side effect of anxiety.

penguino84
05-21-2010, 11:15 AM
My vision issue started before the medication. At first I thought it was just an issue from having migraines, because in the past I would have blurry vision right before I got a migraine. But now my vision is still blurry even when I don't have a headache.

05-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi
My vision has been terrible since having Anxiety, l am not on any meds to make it worse (am trying very hard to get thru med free) l am hoping that it will improve with time, l never realised it was a side effect until reading the list on this forum. It's actually fascinating (and sad) what Anxiety can physically do to your body

Michelle

trperkins
05-30-2010, 06:24 AM
Hi
My vision has been terrible since having Anxiety, l am not on any meds to make it worse (am trying very hard to get thru med free) l am hoping that it will improve with time, l never realised it was a side effect until reading the list on this forum. It's actually fascinating (and sad) what Anxiety can physically do to your body

Michelle

"It's actually fascinating (and sad) what Anxiety can physically do to your body"

Good question. First of all, there are certainly a variety of different reasons which give rise to such anxiety disorders, especially something that one worries and broods over deeply about to such a point that they keep on dwelling on the related matters, issues, problems etc that they could not solve or achieve anything desirable for them especially over the long-term.

Next, since our human bodies are run by our miscellaneous nervous systems through the synaptic activitities of the related neurotransmitters chemicals, especially hormone serotonin that controls our moods based on the thoughts we form in our mind in response to our feelings to whatever we perceive, then, the more anxious thoughts we have for whatever reasons over the long term, the worse and worse will the anxiety disorders get to become or deteriorate over time.

Possibly, various psychosomatic disorders involving various neurological illnesses may manifest in the end under such deteriorating anxiety situations.

In addition, since any behavioral / personality changes, actions, reactions, responses, that one wishes to take are based on their thoughts guided by their feelings for anything they perceive, the responses of the ones having anxiety disorders are thus hardly predictable. And in most cases, most of them may just feel depressed, becoming more and more introvert, losing interest in their works, studies etc.

In short, anxiety and other mental disorders are actually something that arise from such psychological and cognitive factors of how one perceives one's surroundings etc, the feelings they have in response to those perceptions, then the various thoughts they form in their minds based on such perceptions and feelings for anything they perceive, and finally, how they choose to react to such perceptions, feelings and thoughts, they are thus very much different from the other physiological / bodily / metabolism-related somatic diseases like diabetes, heart attacks, kidney failures etc.

As such, in addition to the medicational efforts put in to bring the hardly controllable symptoms of anxiety disorders such as deep feelings of depressions, nervous breakdown, sleep disorders etc effectively under control temporarily throughout the effective period of each dosage of the medications , such non-medicational efforts of psychotherapy, seeking emotional and psychological comforts as well as interactive, interpersonal, communication supports from the ones close to such people would also be quite indispensable in dealing with anxiety disorders and various mental disorders.

Apart from that, given that negative behavioural changes caused by anxiety and other mental disorders are actually caused by such negative feelings and negative thoughts formed by negative sensory perceptions of anything around one's surroundings, one should thus try to control oneself when coming across and dealing with all those scenarios so as to try one's best not to have too strong emotional attachment / feelings for all those negative surroundings etc as well as try not to over-react to them. In short, one should apply one's reasonable senses and judgements and rationalities when dealing with anything unpleasant to them.

Theorectically, since one's reactions / responses / behaviourial changes actually arise from one's thoughts, such reactions / responses / behavioural changes would thus not occur at all if one could choose to ignore all those unpleasant phenomena totally and not form any negative thoughts in their minds at all, and that certainly applies to the anxiety disorders as well. However, that would sound to be easier said than done.

Besides, please take note that anxiety disorder is actually a far less serious mental illness compared to the far more serious psychosis which is primarily characterized by uncontrollable hallucinations and delusions, as such, one should just think optimistically, positively, rationally, sensibly and try to be cheerful and happy-go-lucky most of the time in order for such anxiety disorders to get cured gradually and naturally over time step by step.

As a summary,

I'm suggesting the following as a solution to anxiety and other mental disorders :

1/3 of medicational helps + 1/3 of psychotherapies, interactive, interpersonal, emotional, communication, conselling supports from the others + 1/3 of self-determinations, self-initiatives, self-controls, self-wills and self-disciplines to think positively, rationally, realistically and practically as well as to lead a normal and healthy life

These are actually the advices I have obtained from many neurologists, psychiatrists, psychotherapists and psychologists as well as the very conclusions I have experienced myself.

Next, I must admit that it's quite arbitrary for me to do so in the first place. However, given the fact that there are more and more people nowadays, especially the ones having the mental disorders who would tend to rely heavlily, and if not completely, but at the same time, rather ignorantly upon medications as their sole and only means of dealing with their mental disorders, hence, by assigning the numerical proportion of '1/3' to each of those 3 variables for that 'equation' I'm just trying to convey a message to the intended readers that such factors as external psychotherapies, interactive / interpersonal, emotional / moral supports from the others as well as self-controls / self-efforts to think positively, they are just fairly as important as the medications when it comes to dealing with mental disorders.

http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1384974#i