PDA

View Full Version : Nervous day

mishka
05-19-2010, 03:09 AM
Hi all

Well have been house bound for a long time now as my symptoms are 24/7. I will go in the car if my partner is driving - btnot on moterways and only short journeys so that we can turn around if needed.

My partners mum is in hospital .. she is being assessed today, I've been asked/nominated to take my parnters sister tothe hospital to a meeting. I was put on the spot by my partner which I am really annoyed about as I feel I've no choice.

I'm so scared of driving .. terrified of having panic attacks in front of his sister.

I've come on the anxiety forums this morning trying to get some positive vibes and try to get my head in the right place so I can do this, I just hope I can step up to the mark and do this or I will feel even more of a failure :|

mamascrazy1985
05-19-2010, 10:49 AM
omg your post was such a relief... i finally found some one who was scared to drive like me.... i have been house bound too and i only leave when my husband is driving which he dont understand why i cant drive.... whats your experience with driving like i feel like i am going to faint...

ks-panic
05-19-2010, 09:01 PM
hey, glad i read this... im exactly the same way... im terrified to drive, the other day i had to drive to a neighboring town to pick my niece up after school, i had a total melt down on my way over (driving by myself) for me, its driving on the highway, backroads dont bother me, unless someone is behind me. well i had to drive only about 2 miles of highway, and the rest was back roads when i picked her up we took the 2 miles of highway back, and it was alot better with her in the car with me. i was really scarred that i might have a attack with her in the car, and i didnt want that to happen! it was such a relief that it didnt happen, so maybe with someone with you, you may have the same luck!'
i also feel like im gonna faint, or that im disconnected? its hard to explain! good luck!