PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or is it something else?

Pixie
05-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Just wondering if someone can tell me if this is anxiety causing my issues or what.

I've recently been having horrible intrusive thoughts which I know are irrational, but I cant shake, they just reappear after I've calmed myself down about them, is this normal? I get a horrible feeling of dread coming over my whole body, a knot in my stomach and my whole body shakes or trembles, my brother had anxiety before.

Thanks.

forwells
05-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi Pixie :D

Yes all is normal for anxiety .

Your thoughts are also normal for a anxious person and i am not sure why they come about but they do past over time .

My worst was a thought about harming someone with a knife and as you would guess it took me a long time to be able to move past that one.

Work on reducing your stress so that your system is better able to cope with life stresses

cheers kev

Pixie
05-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks for that Kev, I've been having lots of different thoughts recently, all I know are irrational and I can usually say "Well that's not going to happen or isn't true" and it'll settle down, then I'll start shaking/getting the stomach knot and then I'm worrying about them again.

I'm so glad I joined this forum, my anxiety has went down alot since I've been reading a lot of other peoples posts.

mamascrazy1985
05-17-2010, 06:18 PM
this forum does help alot before this forum i felt so alone and so scared. i think i have had 2 maybe 3 full blown attacks in my 2 yrs but not since i joined this site

palow
05-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Dear Pixie,

You have learned a very important lesson about anxiety disorder: you cannot reason with your anxiety! It does not respond to logic. It is a programme from your subconscious and it uses your logical responses to trick it into feeling anger, fear and frustration. Anxiety is a trick. You have to trick your way out of it. Get into CBT, buy an online anxiety treatment programme or a good workbook from the bookstore.

Also, you've been doing stuff over the years that finally produced a subconscious programme to keep flooding your body with adrenalin. After you fix your anxiety, make sure you don't repeat the steps that led to it in the first place.

Patrick

Pixie
05-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Dear Pixie,

You have learned a very important lesson about anxiety disorder: you cannot reason with your anxiety! It does not respond to logic. It is a programme from your subconscious and it uses your logical responses to trick it into feeling anger, fear and frustration. Anxiety is a trick. You have to trick your way out of it. Get into CBT, buy an online anxiety treatment programme or a good workbook from the bookstore.

Also, you've been doing stuff over the years that finally produced a subconscious programme to keep flooding your body with adrenalin. After you fix your anxiety, make sure you don't repeat the steps that led to it in the first place.

Patrick

You have no idea how happy this has made me! When I'm "normal" and I have these thoughts I can dismiss them as I know I dont feel like that but when I'm anxious my mind wont take no as an answer, my mind even tries to tell me it's not Anxiety but something else, but I've heard thats normal?