PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping patterns?

louisrapisarda
05-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey I'm 17 years old. I always find myself dead tired at 5-6pm in the afternoon.
I dont do a great amount of exercise.
Then I notice I will wake up at strange times in the night like, 3 or 4 and I have werid dreams say about 4 a night.
Is that part of anxiety at all.
I have been upset/ depressed for about a month.
Thanks

palow
05-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Yes. It is your worry about sleep that is causing your sleep problems. Taking a quick nap when you are tired is one of the healthiest things in the world.

And also 4am in the morning is called the Hour of the Wolf. It is the time when dreams are at their most intense. When you wake up at 4 and you fall asleep again say at 5, you will have very intense dreams. Some people even wake up IN their dreams around this time. This is called lucid dreaming. This is normal.

What is not normal is your anxiety and depression, although it is fairly normal for a 17-year-old. My advice is to take up a hobby and change your routines as much as you can. Meet new people. Hang out in new places. Establish new life goals for yourself. Your old routines have put you into a rut. Nothing will change until you change your routines.

Whatever you do, don't let anyone put you on antidepressant drugs.

Patrick

lorelei13
05-11-2010, 07:57 PM
I would recommend starting to exercise unless you have health reasons not to. It works great for reducing anxiety and will most likely improve your sleep.

lunalady
05-12-2010, 12:33 PM
I agree. And a little exercise will lift your spirits too. Try to get outside and walk if at all possible!

mamascrazy1985
05-13-2010, 03:12 PM
i find myself that tired around that same time but i have stress filled days every single day and am so ready for bed at that time but i cannot because of my kids..... plus i am one of those people who love to sleep i could sleep for a year if i didnt have kids.. good luck