PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Need advice quickly!

Faithful
05-10-2010, 03:51 PM
I I have social phobia and ocd – BAD! I was working with a doctor in Beverly Hills I really like BUT! Even though I was making A LOT of progress, I got scared and came home. My Mom is ready to kill me, but I can’t go back because the Dr. is so nice . . . its sick I know, but . . . because she’s nice to me it makes me feel like she’s being nice because I’m so crazy! Does this make sense to anyone. I was only there 2 weeks and I’m alredy a lot better (I know it doesn’t sound like it but I am). PLEASE HELP! Dr. Andrews says I can come back anytime, but does she mean it, or is she just saying that because I’m so bad off?!?!? Does anyone know her? Can you tell me if she really is nice, or is she nice because she thinks I’m nuts?

mamascrazy1985
05-13-2010, 03:15 PM
okay slow down breath and realize that this is a world wide post not everyone up here lives in CA... i have been a member for almost 2 years and i dont think i have met someone from NC....... your therapist is prolly seeing your progress and is excited that your getting better so quickly and is informing you that she will be there for you. stop freaking your not nuts and no one is agianst or after you... best of luck

timm
05-20-2010, 01:46 AM
Hi faithful,

I am diagnosed with social phobia too, but not OCD. They ruled the latter out for some reason.

I ALWAYS find second meetings the hardest in general (and subsequent ones for that matter).

I think it's possible for a psychiatrist to be nice to you because she/he actually likes you. I think if she thought badly of you, she'd be more likely to distance herself.

I also think they are used to people leaving and returning, because very few people ever truly recover from significant mental illness for life. They recur. My community mental health worker told me his organization's success rates are terrible, for example.

However, I believe you when you say you're improving. I would tell my mom, if I were you, to not put more pressure on you. Worrying about her wanting to kill you for leaving is adding to your problems. I'd say, "I need help and encouragement." She also may need to read about social phobia and become educated on it.

korgoosh
05-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Try to go back. She sounds like a great doc. The whole point of Social Anxiety therapy is to expose yourself to uncomfortable situations that you will find become less uncomfortable over time. Remember that your discomfort is part of the 'healing' process.

There are many people out there who have various mental health issues (though you'd never know it as an outsider) but do nothing to resolve them. At least you've taken that first step, which takes guts, so don't be hard on yourself.

One thing I found really helpful is for social anxiety and other anxiety is group therapy because it exposed me to so many people who, had I met them in the 'real' world, I would have thought were intimidating and totally together, but in the group, I realized that all sorts of people have issues/insecurities/depression/anxiety etc.

louiseevans222
07-23-2010, 02:28 PM
I think you need to calm down, there is nothing wrong with you, the only reason why you think that is because you are suffering from OCD, anxiety,

Anxiety always tries to make us feel as if we are goin mad or insane, in fact its the complete opposite...

You just need to get rid of the anxiety and youll be fine...

theres a software a recommend, its really powerful and its helped me soo much,

not just with anxiety, but with nearly every aspect of my life...

and you can start to see change within weeks...

so claim they have seen change within days....

To get FREE instant access click the link below....