PDA

View Full Version : thyroid help

eyeeye
05-05-2010, 08:17 AM
So, I'm booked in for a thyroid test tomo. Apparently it's just routine to see if this could be related to my newly found anxiety disorder. I am worried! *shock*

What if it is something to do with my thyroid? Is this bad? I don't know because i've banned myself from googling symptoms and diseases. Any advice? :(

forwells
05-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Hi Eyeeye

Very good move banning Google

Thryroid tests are very simple blood test .

If there is a problem with it from what i understand it means you have to take a tablet to make up the chemical that it is not making . This is not a problem but i believe can take a little while to adjust to the right amount .

Another one you may like to ask about is getting you hormone levels checked and you adernial glands . The later is a easy test. first one now sure
cheers kev :D

njmom
05-06-2010, 05:08 AM
Like the other poster said, its just a blood test... I had an ultrasound too. Its a standard test and most likely.. will be completely normal! I've never had my adrenal gland tested but every other test I've ever had has been normal. If your thyroid is messed up its an easy painless fix. Honestly. I'd rather have a thyroid problem that this anxiety disorder!!!!!!