PDA

View Full Version : Blood in my vomit = anxiety spike

vanphelan
04-28-2010, 09:13 AM
SO just as you think you are getting your anxiety under control something stupid pops up and fucks with you. This morning I got into the shower before work and (as i sometimes do in the shower because I am strange) I decided to lay down for a minute or two before I started washing lol. Anyway I had some post nasal drip which made me gag which in turn made me vomit. To my suprise when I looked at what was being vomited all I could see was bright red liquid. OMG it's blood! It was bright red. I do not feel sick or have stomach pains or anything like that so I don't believe it to be my stomach. I had my wisdom teeth out on the 15th and I clench my teeth at night so I was thinking maybe it was from that or a nosebleed in the night or...basically I have no idea. Almost called in to work and had a break down this morning lol. I have obviously already called my doctor to ask him about it and what he thinks I should do. All I know is that my anxiety is like right at the point where I can keep it under control but all I want to do is google everything. Already I am convinced I have a tumor somewhere and I am dying. Anybody ever vomit blood and have it be like a one time thing? I imagine this doesn't happen to people all the time lol

eyeeye
04-29-2010, 05:50 AM
What did your doctor say? I would take his/her advice on this one. There are probably many many curable causes of blood in vomit (i'm not going to look it up or i'll frighten myself!) so try not to worry, but a check up at the docs may settle your mind?

njmom
04-29-2010, 06:19 AM
The most logical thing I can think of is an ulcer which can easily be remedied.

vanphelan
04-29-2010, 07:17 AM
I actually went straight the the doctor with this who took a look at my sinuses and said that it looks like I have inflamation high up in my sinuses. This morning again I "threw up" again but it wasn't stomach contents it was from my throat and then there were streaks of blood again. So it looks more like I have allergies causing it more than anything else. Ulcer was my first thought but I haven't had any of the other symptoms. I guess this will just be the next thing I think about all day lol.

Kryztina
04-30-2010, 07:15 AM
Sounds like dry/cracked or irritated sinuses and that the blood is not from your stomach. This is quite common for people with allergies or irritations.

I am glad you feel better and I hope you can get back to laying down peacefully in the shower tomorrow morning! (by the way, I think that is BRILLIANT!)