PDA

View Full Version : Someone to chat with?

complikati
04-21-2010, 09:48 AM
If anyone out there would like to become chat buddies or just wants to talk please let me know. I have no one to talk to, my husband is sick of hearing about my woes, its taking a toll on our marriage, and I just need a friend to talk to who understands what I'm going through. Thanks.

palow
04-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Having another anxiety sufferer for emotional support will double your anxiety and depression. Trust me. I've been there. You don't need more talk about your past traumas and your future fears. You need to change your mental and behavioural routines. Stop thinking the same thoughts and doing the same things over and over and over again. You will only get the same results.

Anxiety is actually a simple fix. For that you need cognitive behavioural therapy, and you need to learn how to breathe properly and vigourous exercise.

eyeeye
04-22-2010, 08:15 AM
I know where you're coming from with the feeling alone thing-even though you have people around you that care. I agree that the best fix is probably not to dwell on your feelings anymore than you already are. I'd be more than happy to check in on you from time to time though.

I had a hospital appointment today-and I'M FINE! IT IS ALL JUST ANXIETY! The consultant I saw also recomended cognitive behavioural therapy. He said I could see a proffesional or even just get a book about it and try to teach myself the techniques. He said drugs were just a short term fix whereas CBT could be a change for life-a coping mechanism. Maybe you should look into this too?
He also suggested excercise....The "science" is that I feel so anxious because of all the adrenalin pumping around my body when it shouldn't be there-so to get it out I need to do something that uses it up. Makes sense really!

Hope you feel better soon :)