PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack before sex

mothman21
04-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Hi all,

Somehow in the last year I developed a severe case of performance anxiety focused on sexual intercourse (with my wife of 15 years -- go figure). It started when I was having pain associated with sex due to some post-vasectomy issues. The pain has now been resolved, but the anxiety is still there. My wife is being understanding but is obviously as frustrated as me. Any ideas for how to beat these panic attacks? The rush of adrenline when trying to get intimate is a deal-breaker and ED meds don't help with that (I don't have ED, but got some meds just to see if they would help with the anxiety). I worry about it all of the time now and it's really getting me down. Any advice is much appreciated!

palow
04-21-2010, 05:37 AM
Your worry about performing is exact what is causing your inability to perform. Once you stop worrying (completely), you'll start performing again, guaranteed.

So tell the wife that for the next few lovemaking sessions, it will all focus on other things besides your orgasm. Get back to candlelight, long foreplay, sensual massage before getting her off (hey you still have Dr Tongue). Relax and have a good time and things will be back to normal before you know it. Maybe twice as good as normal.

Talk to a doctor about getting off your medication. That could be causing the problem too.

Good luck,
PL