PDA

View Full Version : hypnotherapy

johnm71
04-20-2010, 12:53 AM
hi i hope somebody can help with some advice,i have been suffering anxiety for years but its got worse over the last ten months, the physical symptoms are making things unbarable,i am now thinking of hypnotherapy,the only problem with this is i had to give up my job and if im going to spend money on hypnotherapy i need to have results as i need back out to work, im at my wits end with this,thanks

palow
04-21-2010, 04:10 AM
I went through about 5 sessions of hypnotherapy and it didn't work out for me. Like you I didn't have the money or will to carry on unless I had really good results in the first few sessions.

In the end I went for Linden method and it worked for me (although I had to work my butt off for about 4 months before the anxiety receded. I had severe GAD but no phobias).

Linden's package comes with hypnotherapy-style guided meditations on CD, which I liked so much that I got others. There's one by Brian Weiss called Inner Peace Love and Joy that I listen to a lot. They all sound the same as the hypnotherapy sessions I went through. You can just go to any new-age store and get some.

I had very long term GAD going back more than 10 years. I needed more than hypnotherapy to fix my head. I can't speak for you but you might want to try getting one of those anxiety programmes off the internet. If you have health insurance, go for cognitive behavioural therapy. You need a structured programme if you have persistent anxiety that won't go away. Good luck.

Patrick

johnm71
04-22-2010, 01:23 PM
hi palow, thank you for replying,i have one double session on sunday and i will see were im at, after that,the person i am seeing was recommended by my doc and she is supposedly the top one in scotland so heres hoping,i will have a look at the linden method tonight,im also in the waiting list to see a psychologist so hopefully get some sort of life back soon,,cheers friend and take care,

palow
04-23-2010, 04:31 AM
If you find a good hypnotherapist and you feel a difference, I believe it will help you. I should mention that when I did the hypno, I was in deep denial that I even had an anxiety disorder. I was asking the hypnotherapist to fix some specific childhood traumas that I thought was causing the anxiety.

I have a full review of the Linden Method on my website and I compare it to Panic Away, if you're interested. Just click on the link under my name.

Please don't say you'll "hopefully" get your life back. You will DEFINITELY get your life back once you understand the mechanics of high anxiety and follow a systematic reprogramming of your anxiety reflex. Anxiety is a behavioural condition and can be reset by altering your thought and behavioural patterns. This is not possible if you had a genuine mental disorder like bipolar manic depression.

And also you've had severe anxiety for only 10 months (yeah, I know--it feels like eternity). I think your chances of a VERY quick recovery is excellent. Fear not.

Patrick

johnm71
04-23-2010, 01:15 PM
hi pallow,thanks for your advice its been very helpful as ive never spoken about it to anyone so never had advice, i will post on here on sunday after i visit the hypnotherapist and let you know how i got on.once again cheers its much appreciated and hope you find solace in your situation soon,,

AnxietyDepressionSupport
04-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Hi Johnm71,

It is not always necessary to pay huge amounts of money for practitioners if you know how to help yourself.

Start off by doing some regular meditation. You'd be surprised at how much change can happen just from doing the right type of meditation.

Then you can start looking at changing your foods, doing acupressure, exercise etc. When you add all these things up you'll find that your body will start to move back into balance.

Hope that helps :)