PDA

View Full Version : New to anxiety - Are these common symptoms?

stevencurious
04-19-2010, 02:21 AM
So ive been feeling weird lately. After a series of panic attacks in the past few weeks ive not felt the same.

Over the last few days ive felt on the edge, like im nervous, only a few seconds away from a panic attack.

Other symptoms ive been having are: Waking up with red eyes, which contine to be mildly blod shot and have been for the last few days. Legs and other muslces have been twitching and also a few numb pains on head/face that dissapear after a few mins. Spots/deramatitus on my right hand. And waking up with numb arm/fingers with pins and needles occasionly.

I also suffered heart palpitations which i had before these symptoms and i said to myself, that it was down to anxiety and nothing to do with my heart! This in turn made them fade away, so i only get them occasionly.

I have also had my thyroid checked recently and came back ok.

So could said symptoms be down to stress/anxiety?

Thanks in advance guys.

lunalady
04-19-2010, 04:54 AM
I would think so. Anxiety is weird and the symptoms are weird and cause anxiety and worry too, that's the cruel paradox.

Since the last bout of panic freaked you out, you are in a hyper-alert state, just waiting for the feelings of panic to come back. That's called sensitization and it makes you more aware of other body symptoms.

Take care, HTH,
Jill

eyeeye
04-21-2010, 06:52 AM
I agree-anxiety is a viscious circle..it causes real physical symptoms which in turnmake you even more anxious! Cruel. I am new to it too-I cannot believe all the symptoms I have had. Twitching muscles, headaches, dry mouth, dizziness, visual problems, insomnia, depression...
It's hard to believe all of this is just down to anxiety. Too much adrenalin!!

IHatePanicAttacks
04-23-2010, 11:59 AM
To me these do not all seem like symptoms of panic attacks\anxiety, but that is just my opinion. Some of these seem like it is from something else, not quite sure what, but not something that I would worry about if I were you, they don't seem like serious symptoms.

AnxietyDepressionSupport
04-25-2010, 07:24 AM
Hi Steven,

That's exactly what I felt when I was going through it. In fact I actually got rushed to the hospital to get my heart checked out and I was a bit embarrassed when they came back saying there was nothing wrong.

There are some simple things that you can do to help calm those symptoms.

Start by doing some regular mediation. You'll be amazed by the difference the correct type of meditation can make to these symptoms. Then you can look at using foods, exercise and a few other things to really protect yourself.

Hope that helps