PDA

View Full Version : When did this Forum change its name?

scatmantom
03-27-2006, 04:29 AM
I dont like to think ive got mental health issues :S

duddits
03-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Hey Scatmantom,

This change has been a long time coming, I posted a message about it in the moderators forum though. lol. I told everyone it would be seemless, and no one would probably notice anything had changed.

*back to work :mrgreen: *

shoe
03-27-2006, 02:07 PM
I dont like to think ive got mental health issues :S

Tom, I don't think the name is all that bad. It sure sounds better than labels such as 'mental illness', 'mental disorder', 'abnormal psychology' (the branch of psychology that deals with mental illness), etc. There's unfortunately not many very good labels to use that cover mental health and still sound relatively harmless and neutral. I think what duddits decided on works well without making you feel as 'judged' or categorized as those other labels. :)

Perhaps I'm not looking it in the same way though?

scatmantom
03-27-2006, 02:59 PM
no i think this is a good choice of name for the forum, Just never really considered Social Anxiety and general anxiety as mental health problems (but of course they are). I think my initial post sums up peoples general attitude towards mental health, they dont like to be put in that bracket, and people who dont suffer certainly dont want any involvment in it. I have never been educated about mental health problems and if it wasnt for anxiety I wouldnt know anything at all about them.