PDA

View Full Version : Forgot what happiness feels like...

vivalavida00
04-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Although it seems that I have no reason to be sad and I'm actually not sad it is more like a lost feeling (confusion) like I don't remember who I used to be or what it felt to be happy I do not know how to do that anymore is like my memory erased the happy moments and although I know that at some point of my life I was happy I don't remember it at all. :nono: and now I feel like I will never feel happy or enjoy life again, so I keep thinking that maybe I'm dying and that is why I feel this way but I don't want to die, I would never commit suicide...but I just don't know if it is normal to feel this way......
:roll: ???

skippy87
05-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi there,

I see no one has replied to your thread yet so i will. :)

To be short, no its not normal to feel that way, but not to worry because nobody is normal when you think about it.

Have you got anyone you can speak to about this, people that have been a part of your life for a while that can help you remember the good times you have had in the past. An old friend maybe you could chat to and talk about old times, maybe even a family member and talk about your childhood. If you can get other people to tell you about the good times you have had it may help you remember them.

The only problem that may occur from this, which i have problems with, is remember all the good fun times you have had and now at this point in your life when you are feeling down you will then think you will never have moments like that again. The best thing to do is to surround yourself with positive people, people that will bring a smile to yourself and get creating some new memories, if you need to go back to re-visit old memories do what i said above but maybe its worth forgetting the past and focussing on whats ahead.

It could be worth paying a visit to a doctor or maybe a counsellor and try and sort out why you are feeling like this and why you feel so unhappy.

Hope i have helped a little.

skippy :)

lorelei13
05-04-2010, 08:49 PM
That is horrible to hear.

Having had serious depression myself, I know how hard it can be to remember this - that there is hope, that things can get better, and that you have the power to make that happen.

vivalavida00
05-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Thank you for your responses, I have actually been feeling a little better. Hopefully this horrible feeling will soon go away for good! :x

JeffM
06-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I completely understand your situation... because I'm in that situation too. It pains me to write this, but I often feel like "the good old days" are so far in the past, and that I'm really just lost and kind of "biding my time," living day-to-day, etc. I often worry about dying, especially when I hear of other people dying, particularly young people, and also when I see TV ads with testimonials of people that have had heart attacks, etc. I know that I'm probably fine, that more than likely nothing will happen to me, but I can't help but worry that perhaps there IS something to worry about, and I'm not doing anything about it.

However, as I think someone here already said, hope is something you should never let go of. I have hope; I just feel like I'm really in an "in-between" period of my life, and I'm having a hard time figuring things out. I'm going to graduate school in a different part of the country in the fall, and then getting married to an amazing girl next May, so I definitely have a lot to look forward to. I know good days are ahead. Still, I can't shake the feeling that perhaps something is wrong with me, that perhaps I've worried so much about things that I will be messed up in the future.

vivalavida00
06-05-2010, 07:54 PM
That is exactly what I feel jeff and although at times I seem to be doing better, other days I don't know what else to do and I just feel trapped but I don't want to die so I would do nothing to hurt myself...I have dreams but not even those get me going at times.

ianpeterson
06-06-2010, 11:29 PM
I can understand what it feels when you are deep into depression, whole world seems like hell and you don't love to do anything. If you have not see Doctor then I will suggest you to visit it as early as possible as the symptoms will become more verse.

totPawetegmet
08-13-2010, 11:02 AM
I like the suggestions
I never understood why Cecil died as early as he did?
Hell Claudia was there double the time he was and he was
Evil, I like how the moment he died Adam took his place

blue
09-18-2010, 01:12 AM
I have been suffering from depression for years now, especially the last few months . I cry almost daily, am constantly fatigued, deal with anxiety and feel as if I am developing health problems. I constantly long for a brief period in my life when I was happy and times were interesting during my teenage years, so much hope during this time.

joeyg
09-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Man, I forget how to feel happiness as well. The anxiety brought on such a feeling of hopelessness that I feel like things will never be better. I get excited for nothing and find it hard to feel the joy I've always felt in loving my wife.

Last week I was myself---I had a good life.

This week, I can barely function. I've never had this happen before. I want it gone, this is no way to live.

blue
09-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Sometimes I just feel helpless in my situation. Things I could achieve happiness from at one time don't exist anymore.....I dwell on those times 24-7. I feel in the present I can't get what I want in life, I have nothing. The future only looks bleaker. I feel sick....I am in a deep crisis.

jgiannettict
10-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Anyone really having problems with depression and anxiety check my signature link...it really has made a difference in my life and it could help you as well.

petterharry5
11-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Have you got anyone you can talk about it, people at one time that can help you remember the good times you had in the past has been a part of your life. The only problem is that this is the problem with which I can be, and now this point in your life when you're feeling down If you feel you will never have such moments again, but all good fun Remember once you have had.

gaara
02-13-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm going through something exactly like this. What's sort of scaring me is that I'm not deeply depressed I'm just flat. Things don't look/feel the same way as they used to and sometimes (mostly in the morning and during most of the day) I feel anxious/hopeless/sad.

What's really worrying me though is that I do the things that used to make me happy but for some reason I'm aware that I'm forcing it and it really just loses its purpose. For example, I used to LOVE going to the gym with my buddy and hanging out/working out but lately it just doesn't evoke and sort of emotion and i'm constantly analyzing if I should feel this way or this isn't the same anymore, you'll never get out of this.

I don't know if it's because i'm aware of this "change" in perception that i already have a preconception that whatever i'm about to do won't be the same or if it's because i've actually lost interest in it.

Either way it's a terrible feeling and I don't feel like it's going to go away any time soon. Sometimes I would talk to people about it and they'd reassure me that things are ok and then i'd feel better but it's a peculiar feeling.

For example, on friday I went over to my gf's house had a game night with her family and at times i'd feel "ok" but it was a different sort of feeling. Like I felt fine but it wasn't the same sort of happy/familiar feeling i've had in the past with her.

I just don't feel grounded anymore and I don't know what to do about it. I just honestly want to be happy and not analyze my entire life like this anymore :(

loome
06-30-2011, 11:45 PM
oh god. i have no advice for you, but man do i know what you're talking about. you explained everything ive been thinking and feeling for 2 years now. so, at least know that you're not alone.

infear
10-31-2011, 07:32 PM
to everyone, I can relate. i had a panic attack one night a few months ago and it's been an off an on struggle with my emotions/thoughts ever since. i've never thought of myself as someone who has depression, yet it does run in my family and when I sit and explore my life now, i can recall multiple moments in my life when i felt like this. they always passed. i have to believe this will too.

knowing there are so many people out there who feel the same way as me reminds me that i am not alone. i hope we can continue to lean on each other.