PDA

View Full Version : Orange Mylan generic Valium Not Working. Why?

BurntButNotToasted
04-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Hello group! This is my first post as I just came across this site today, and it seems full of great info, so forgive me if this has been covered before.

I'm on a (self imposed) taper plan to get off the benzo-train (for GAD/ anxiety). I've tried most of the usual drugs over the last 7 years, and have managed to be benzo-free several times for a few mo. - 1 yr.

Recently, an old problem came up again. I renewed my Valium RX & received a different generic brand than I've been getting. Its been a couple yrs, but I have found more than once, for me, that the orange Mylan 345 5mg diazepam tabs do not work as well as the yellow Barr 555/363 brand.

I know I'm lowing my daily dose, but did not do so yet with this new bottle, yet they seem to work far less effectively. Is it possible to get a bad/ old batch of meds? Or a brand that is not as effective?

I'm sure the pharmacist would likely reject such a possibily, and one can't "return" this product like a bad can of food. Quite frusterating!
Thanks for any input. :roll:

PTSDGAD
05-30-2010, 06:59 AM
I think there is something wrong with Mylan generics.
I got some Mylan Valium generics, 10 mg.
And I have been off benzos for about two years, having weaned myself off them also.
I took one 10 mg. of the Mylan.
Nothing....no relief whatsoever.
So, I took another one.
Usually, if I would take a twenty mg. of a valium, I would drift off into a wonderful night of sleep.
Nothing. No relief whatsoever.
So, being brave, I took one more 10 mg. of a Mylan generic.
NOTHING.
NO SLEEP.
NOTHING.
Something is wrong with the Mylan generics.
Something seriously wrong.
I wish I could send them into a lab to see if there is a problem with them.

If I take a 5 mg. Xanax or Librium, I get relief.
But even 30 mgs. of a Mylan valium generic and NOTHING.

I do believe there is something wrong with Mylan's generics.

You are correct about them.
But, where could you send them for a lab evaluation?