PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else with these symptoms

nood
04-09-2010, 09:35 AM
I have always been a mellow person but when I get nervous or even excited I have always felt that my blood pressure rises and I feel a little lightheaded. It always would pass. This winter I got sick with a nasty inner ear/sinus infection that caused me to be dizzy which eventually lead to my first panic attack( I always worry about my health even though it has been fine). Since then i have started on cellexa and prn anxiety meds and have been taking the cellexa daily but have been able to ween myself of the prn meds and have not taken one in 10 days, in which i am very proud of. My question is that when I get excited,nervous or angry it seems like I skip the mild lightheadedness that I used to get and go straight into a cold sweat/ dizziness. Does this ever resolve or does anyone else have this problem. I just seem to get worked up easier now. Thanks!!

Kryztina
04-26-2010, 08:17 AM
YES, this will eventually go away as you learn to cope with it and you are not alone in feeling this way. I used to get this same feeling and it would come on so fast and strong I thought I would pass out in the middle of a meeting at work. I have conquered it and moved past it and you can too. I got some counseling and I was taking meds for a while.

Also, it's a weird thing that when it happens once the tendency for it to happen again seems to be bigger than ever. You've got to learn to "talk yourself out of it". What does your "inner voice" say when this is happening?