PDA

View Full Version : A weekend of Rest

scatmantom
03-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Ok After looking over my post history I noticed Ive been a misery guts for the last few weeks/months.

But I have actualy made Huge steps forward over the past few weeks. Ive had nights out with ZERO worry at all, Ive been to my friends house countless times with no bother. I hate going to the cinema because of anxiety, but i went to see pink panther on thursday night with no bother, I forgot all about anxiety untill I got home, and i realised "that used to make me nervous". And the key words there are "USED TO".

Angel you are right, it does feel great to recoginise where your improvements have been.

The biggest thing for me was having friends stay over for the weekend, having to go to restraunts and pubs and a night club all in the weekend and then get home and still have to socialize rather than escape to my room and hide! It went so well Im chuffed.

I think I am getting over this at long last. The way I have managed this is FACING my fears, rather than the 8 years of Hiding away I did before university.

Long but I thought I should let people know how Im getting on!

Keep working hard every1

Tom

Mr Jingles
05-07-2015, 02:00 AM
I think I am getting over this at long last. The way I have managed this is FACING my fears, rather than the 8 years of Hiding away I did before university.

Tom

Like you, I've seen improvements in my anxiety as I've faced it and also accepted it, been patient with it.

Also like you, I have been hiding out a long part of my life without realizing it. I was a slave to the mind and its fears. This kept me small and very tired from all the constant work and worry.

In a way anxiety may end up being a blessing for me. It's like life turned up the volume so high I had to relearn everything and was forced by pain out of my mental habits. (Still in progress of course.)