PDA

View Full Version : How I relieve my depression

lockett
04-03-2010, 03:34 AM
Hi I will relate to you what works for me. I have had a lifelong problem with depression. That problem has now been totally solved for a nmuber of years by merely placing either hand or both, one hand is fine, in the same position as the fetus. I put it up near my chin or up like a boxer or like I am about to be in a fist fight or rest my elbow on anything or not, walk around , or not, just so my hand remains reasonably still with nothing in it , like a fetus does, There are also several other common fetal hand positions that have a comprable effect on me.

I reduce my depression by one half in an hour , all of it in a day. THis method doesnt work for me if Im near certain types of radiation, computer or monitor, cell phone, rradio, flat screen tv, or super near old style non flat screen tv's , like four feet or less, or if I smoke..

No precise position was necessary , since a fetus holds his hands in various positions, whatever is most comfortable, as long as one holds one or both hands are up, like at upper chest level and the the elbow can remain down by my side or resting on something and I holds it/them reasonably still. with nothing in the hand.

. I know a lot of people sleep in that position with their hands up and also get comfort from it so this is not a new concept but I was amazed to see its healing power on my depression.

It didnt matter what i did with my legs. And I could do it lying down too with my hand resting on my upper chest if I rolled my fingers in a very loose fist so that my whole palm didnt touch my chest,

So that has been my experience.

Steve Lord , Santa Barbara, Ca.

lockett
04-03-2010, 04:12 AM
Hi I will relate to you what works for me. I have had a lifelong problem with depression. That problem has now been totally solved for a nmuber of years by merely placing either hand or both, one hand is fine, in the same position as the fetus. I put it up near my chin or up like a boxer or like I am about to be in a fist fight or rest my elbow on anything or not, walk around , or not, just so my hand remains reasonably still with nothing in it , like a fetus does, There are also several other common fetal hand positions that have a comprable effect on me.

I reduce my depression by one half in an hour , all of it in a day. THis method doesnt work for me if Im near certain types of radiation, computer or monitor, cell phone, rradio, flat screen tv, or super near old style non flat screen tv's , like four feet or less, or if I smoke..

No precise position was necessary , since a fetus holds his hands in various positions, whatever is most comfortable, as long as one holds one or both hands are up, like at upper chest level and the the elbow can remain down by my side or resting on something and I holds it/them reasonably still. with nothing in the hand.

. I know a lot of people sleep in that position with their hands up and also get comfort from it so this is not a new concept but I was amazed to see its healing power on my depression.

It didnt matter what i did with my legs. And I could do it lying down too with my hand resting on my upper chest if I rolled my fingers in a very loose fist so that my whole palm didnt touch my chest,

Steve Lord , Santa Barbara, Ca.

IF you read the above within a half hour after I posted it, I edited it a few times to add sections in that first half hour.

Steve

robrobin10
05-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi Steve

Thats pretty good advise, personally I use meditation to help me handle my depression, though that also doesn't work if im sitting near somethng with a high electrical output.

I think just taking the time to consciouslly unwind and remove stress from ourselves can have a massively positive effect on our day to day lives, especially for people who suffer from anxiety or depression.

lockett
05-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi Steve

Thats pretty good advise, personally I use meditation to help me handle my depression, though that also doesn't work if im sitting near somethng with a high electrical output.

I think just taking the time to consciouslly unwind and remove stress from ourselves can have a massively positive effect on our day to day lives, especially for people who suffer from anxiety or depression.

Hi,Robrobin, thanks, so give it a whirl and let me know if it works for you as strikingly as it does for me. for depression Or if it doesnt.

Steve LOrd

ianpeterson
06-06-2010, 11:33 PM
There are only 2 ways of getting relief is that you can get tough and start thinking positive or there is just one way and that is going to a Doctor before it gets worst. But I will suggest you to get to the physician and be cured.

lockett
06-07-2010, 08:40 AM
There are only 2 ways of getting relief is that you can get tough and start thinking positive or there is just one way and that is going to a Doctor before it gets worst. But I will suggest you to get to the physician and be cured.

Oh yeah, I hear those SSRI's are just peachy, lower sex drive, interference with higher level thinking and other side effects, and not total relief anyway. That was my experience too with the older style anti depressants and St John's Wort., that interference reduction in ability to do higher order thinking. My brother agrees.

Steve

georgia
06-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Your style is much easier than Yoga, I should try it one of these days when my depression strikes back. I just want to add, try to talk to God if you are feeling depressed, tell him how you feel, everything you want to share to as friend. It really works.

Anthony DiClementi
06-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Medication, natural supplements, meditation, deep breathing exercises, avoid alcohol & caffeine all help me. And along the 'natural supplements' lines lots of omega 3 fatty acids

andrila
07-14-2010, 02:27 AM
Hi, I have read this post. Yoga is the best for our health. I have done my yoga teacher training course. Schedule is very important, when we are doing any type of workout and yoga also. yoga is the most benefit and feel fit or fine.

lockett
07-14-2010, 03:17 AM
Tlhe resistance to any human being trying this has always amazed me.

STeve

stanelyshane
08-21-2010, 11:13 AM
To relieve from the depression there is require to increase the medication exercise and do that activity which you like most. Another main thing is that warm your relations in deep with your parent, friends and relatives. It helps to reduce the depression problem.

lockett
08-21-2010, 12:08 PM
To relieve from the depression there is require to increase the medication exercise and do that activity which you like most. Another main thing is that warm your relations in deep with your parent, friends and relatives. It helps to reduce the depression problem.

As for me, I tried antidepressants and so did my brother, but we both found that they interfered with our ability to do higher level thinking, I felt like there was a lower ceiling on my IQ and I couldnt really concentrate, focus well. Plus they only were partially effective. I discontinued them for that reason.

Steve Lord

rmartin345
08-23-2010, 06:56 AM
I think one thing that's key is to understand depression.Your therapist said that yes, intelligent people will occasionally become depressed by the thought of death, age and illness.To relieve from the depression there is require to increase the medication exercise and do that activity which you like most.

lockett
08-23-2010, 09:04 AM
I think one thing that's key is to understand depression.Your therapist said that yes, intelligent people will occasionally become depressed by the thought of death, age and illness.To relieve from the depression there is require to increase the medication exercise and do that activity which you like most.

The activities I love the most are gambling and smoking pot.

Steve

Robbed
08-25-2010, 10:45 PM

All a physician will do is prescribe antidepressants. And antidepressants don't cure ANYTHING.

markdilon
09-04-2010, 06:43 AM
It takes great courage to support the approach you did. You seem to have struggled with depression and was cut in the past. Were surgery to relieve pain or to try to stop your life? However, it is nice that help the community. Any questions you have regarding the medication guide the therapist or psychiatrist.

lockett
09-04-2010, 02:33 PM
It takes great courage to support the approach you did. You seem to have struggled with depression and was cut in the past. Were surgery to relieve pain or to try to stop your life? However, it is nice that help the community. Any questions you have regarding the medication guide the therapist or psychiatrist.

Huh?

Steve Lord

lockett
09-04-2010, 09:13 PM
I have a question. Do antidepressants, even when they are effective, keep a person from reaching the high notes of joy: I know this woman who when she used to be having fun, like when she was partying, drinking, she would exude sheer joy. But since she has been taking antidepressants, even now when she isnt depressed, and even when drinking and partying, she is having SOMEdegree of fun, but not hitting those same high notes of joy, those peak joy or fun or delight experiences,,. IN addition it seems to reduce her warmth, her expressions and feelings of warmth towards people. Is this your experience too?

Thanks,

Steve Lord

bobwilliam
10-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Do not worried about it. To come out from the depression then start from the brain because depression is the source of the thoughts. Therefore, there is require to control the thoughts and increase the power of the concentration. You should also concern to the psychiatrist to get the better medication.

MAc09
11-23-2010, 03:45 AM
A thousand apologies for the problems I had in getting this thread posted.

II will relate to you what works for me. I have had a lifelong problem with depression. That problem has now be totally solved for a nmuber of years by merely placing either hand in the same position as the fetus. I put it up near my chin, rest my elbow on anything or not, walk around , or not, just so my hand remains reasonably still with nothing in it , like a fetus does,

I reduce my depression by one half in a half hour , all of it in a day. THis method doesnt work for me if Im near certain types of radiation, computer or monitor, cell phone, rradio, flat screen tv, or super near non flat screen tv's or is I smoke a cigarette which I did to test it that way..

:P :P :P

galewinters11
11-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Many people experience depression. Some of the reasons for their depression include relationships, stress from work and health issues. Not all of them find relief when taking meds prescribed by doctors. Sometimes the best treatment for depression is to talk to someone who will understand your situation and who will listen and not judge you. Keeping everything bottled up inside will do nothing; find a family member or friend, even a psychiatrist to whom you can let it all out.

What is the best way to lose weight quickly (http://www.whatisthebestwaytoloseweightquickly.com)

meganjo
02-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Take a temporary leave from reality and bury yourself in one of your favorite books. A lot of wise people have been through what you're going through and they made it through to the other side to tell about it.

drug rehab (http://www.soberrecovery.com)

Robbed
02-26-2011, 11:04 PM
I have a question. Do antidepressants, even when they are effective, keep a person from reaching the high notes of joy: I know this woman who when she used to be having fun, like when she was partying, drinking, she would exude sheer joy. But since she has been taking antidepressants, even now when she isnt depressed, and even when drinking and partying, she is having SOMEdegree of fun, but not hitting those same high notes of joy, those peak joy or fun or delight experiences,,. IN addition it seems to reduce her warmth, her expressions and feelings of warmth towards people. Is this your experience too?

This sort of thing is not at all uncommon with antidepressants. Basically, they keep you from feeling bad by masking symptoms. And if they keep you from feeling as bad as you would without them, they also keep you from feeling as good as you could without them. This side effect is often referred to as 'emotional blunting'. And along with weight gain and sexual dysfunction, this is one of the most common reasons for discontinuing antidepressants.

Breast Augmentation Surge
02-28-2011, 10:57 PM
You can go for therapy and take medications. The more tools we have the better it is for you. I hope you are doing OK. Best Wishes.