PDA

View Full Version : I have anxiety.

alex893
03-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Im pretty sure I have anxiety. It started a few days ago and has been on and off since. I have trouble sleeping and always think something bad is going to happen even when I know its not. I have many symptoms on the symptom list.

What I really wanted to figure out is how long anxiety actually lasts. I dont know what caused my anxiety, you could say it happened at random. Ive never felt this way for this long before and I really hope it doesnt last forever :(

Any help?

Jamescc
04-01-2010, 06:51 AM
The trigger could have been an irrational thoughts, which you didn't take to kindly, which then developed into a panic.

From what you're saying, I get the impression your 'worrying about worrying'

You're having these thoughts, and instead of seeing them for they are, thoughts.. your panicing! which will only fuel the thought even more!

There is no time limit with anxiety, every case is different.. But I would recommend is that you do not change your lifestlye in order to cope. Go to work and go out with you're friends and you'll realise that it isn't a big deal!

Accept that it will not go over night, and it may take time, you're not going mad... it's not a disease, you'll soon be fine!

remember, a thought is just a thought! :)

good luck buddy. let us know you're progress.

alex893
04-01-2010, 12:29 PM
The trigger could have been an irrational thoughts, which you didn't take to kindly, which then developed into a panic.

You're having these thoughts, and instead of seeing them for they are, thoughts.. your panicing! which will only fuel the thought even more!

You read me like a book :)

Irrational thoughts did trigger it I think. But im worried it will not go away. I know it probably will, but right now its the "what if" factor thats worrying me. I got into my first meaningful relationship a month ago from today and so many "what ifs" are popping up. I just hope I get better soon

Namrata
04-02-2010, 02:05 AM

You read me like a book :)

Irrational thoughts did trigger it I think. But im worried it will not go away. I know it probably will, but right now its the "what if" factor thats worrying me. I got into my first meaningful relationship a month ago from today and so many "what ifs" are popping up. I just hope I get better soon

Hey,

You are right at some point it becomes like what if but, you should not think too much about it as, you will be fine soon, you need to get little positive and confident about yourself and should go out with friends and with your family normally.

Everything will be alright and you will get recover from this soon.

Thanks

Jamescc
04-02-2010, 04:24 AM
What you need to do is see them for they are: thoughts!

The "whats if's" will only get worse if you continue to take them seriously, You're brain is tired, and you're unable to think rationally at the moment, so the thoughts become more real and exaggerated!

They wont be there when you're better. Don't ignore them, just let them come in and go when they like!

alex893
04-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Thanks I read your website and it is helpful. I realise they are just thoughts (even though I dont like them). Also I have another question should I reduce my intake on caffeine? I hear it wouls help out alot seeing as I drink so much soda.