PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if anyone has had the same problem

03-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi, recently i have been feeling really weird and my symptoms sound like anxiety. I feel like nothing is real or im fearing that everyone else is smart and im just thick.. I often get panic attacks mainly at night whilst laying in bed (if i hear my heart it freaks me out) or can hear my own breathing... I then instantly start breathing weird but only seems to happen when its dark.. Lately I feel like people are out to get me or just want to cause trouble with me which is affecting my confidence. Im always in fear and always thinking negative thoughts. I remember a time when I was excited to do things and speak out loudly to people but lately I feel rubbish... I feel like I am making the symptoms up, like i am lying and to myself or people think i am lying, really hard to explain. Any ideas on what might solve this?

Cheers

palow
03-28-2010, 05:06 AM
You need to get properly diagnosed by a doctor just to rule out physiological causes for anxiety like nutritional deficiencies or side effect of a drug you're on or maybe a thyroid disorder.

But what I'm afraid of this that you'll get some idiot doctor who will not go through proper procedures and place you on antidepressants and psychoanalysis immediately.

If you get diagnosed for anxiety, you can refuse the meds and ask for an immediate referral for cognitive behavioral therapy. If you have anxiety disorder, that's actually good news, because you can cure yourself without drugs if you find proper guidance.

If you have no money or insurance for CBT, you can buy a program online (they're all based on CBT) for not much money or get some books from the library (read some books by Claire Weekes).