PDA

View Full Version : Night Terror

03-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Has anyone ever had one of these.

Had one the over day, seriously scary stuff, and still not sleeping properly.

Do belive that is linked with anxiety though.

elgrande
03-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Have them regularly. With me it usually happens just as I'm drifting off although I've read they can't happen during the REM stage anyway. They can be very intense, and without sounding dramatic, I actually feel like I dying! I get what feels like a bolt of electricity into to my head and then I gasp for breath and feel completley overwhelmed for a few seconds. I'm dating a girl at the moment who stayed over last weekend and she said that I kicked my legs out and made a gasping noise shortly after we went to bed. I didn't even remember it but joked the next day it must have been a bad dream even though I know thats unlikely. My flat mate says he occasionally hears me in the middle of the night and again I just make light of it and say is must have been a bad dream.

03-23-2010, 02:43 AM
I didn't feel any pain in mine, I thought I saw a figure staring at me when I woke up in the middle of the night, and I sat up and started screaming at it. Heart was racing, and body tingeling.

Supose there are different types of night terror.

xPixie_Dust10x
03-23-2010, 04:51 AM
Hey i get them alot, i deffinitly think that they are associated with anxiety, i get really really scary ones and then when i wake up i am in a panic, and shaking i also wake up in a cold sweat all the time without fail, the only part i hate is the cold sweat because i wake up freezing cold.

I just want them to stop!! :unsure:

03-23-2010, 05:36 AM
I've only ever had the one, but sounds a bit silly but have been sleeping with the TV on lately, when its to dark I think I see things.