PDA

View Full Version : Terrified!

Southside
03-21-2010, 04:27 PM
I have a doctors appointment for the 1st time in 2 years and I am terrified. I never had a problem with doctors until a few years ago when I became convinced that I had about 5 different deadly diseases. Usually my visits last about 10 minutes, not very thorough, but I've had so many different aches and pains that I am convinced tomorrow will be bad. My wife wants me to make sure I tell him everything that is bothering me, I don't know if I can go through with it. I have a weird looking mole on my arm=cancer, pressure in my chest=blocked arteries, discomfort in my abdomen and privates=cancer, I've been a little shakey=diabetes. I can't get it out of my mind that I have one of these.

Anyone else, same problem?

Charmbracelet81
03-21-2010, 05:09 PM
YES!!!! While various diseases linger in the back of my head, my heart is my main focus. I have even made up symptoms so I can get more tests. I have had various EKG's, echocardiogram, stress test, holter monitor and event recorder & I STILL am CERTAIN they missed something!!! I also feel tight chest & think I have a blockage thats starting. While my heart is my main focus, I do think of things right when I have new symptoms like a swollen gland is a cancerous tumor, or I have diabetes because I get shakey. I can totally relate and it doesnt help the constant anxiety over my health :(

Charmbracelet81
03-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Also, it the appointment just for a check-up or to rule out something? ;)

Southside
03-21-2010, 06:09 PM
no, just a check up. I have to go, because the doctor said he won't refill my asthma meds unless I come in. I keep thinking my life wont be the same come tomorrow!

Charmbracelet81
03-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Tell us how it goes! Good luck!

Southside
03-23-2010, 07:05 AM
Well, I pretty much chickened out. I went to the doctor, almost shaking. The nurse said BP was fine, temp was fine and pulse was fine, lost a little weight, but could definitely lose more. When the doctor asked if anything was wrong, I almost said nothing. I have about 20 things I wanted to discuss with him, but the only thing I could bring up was about my chest and heart. After describing what was wrong, a pressure around my neck, running the left side of my chest into my ear and arm, he said it was more than likely stress and anxiety. He said if it goes away when you are relaxed than not to worry. He said come back if it gets worse or happens during exercise. My wife was not happy that I didn't mention all my aches and pains, because she knows how much it worries me. I promised her I would go back if anything got worse. I am convinced that one of my aches and pains will be something serious! If not, I'm sure something else will come up.

Charmbracelet81
03-23-2010, 09:41 AM
I had HORRIBLE neck & chest tightness/pressure yesterday!!! It freaked me out!!! When I wrote the sensations I was having down in my journal that I got while I was wearing a heart monitor a few months ago, I was told that he "Didnt see anything on the heart monitor while I was experiencing the tightness." So, like you he said it was anxiety!!!! It frustrates me because I dont want something wrong with me, but I dont think its just anxiety!!! I am glad you talked about the heart & chest, it's better than nothing!!! Just know, I understand all the sensations you are going through, & I am here to talk ;)

Terry
03-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Does anybody get neck tension that triggers electric shock feelings in their head and plugged ears when they walk or sit?? I can't believe this would be yet another anxiety symptom. This anxiety is making me crazy.

Charmbracelet81
03-24-2010, 09:18 AM
I get that sensation, but in my chest *Sigh*

tinkerbell_11
03-24-2010, 11:10 AM
i get both in head neck ears and chest sigh us xx

Charmbracelet81
03-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Tinker: How could all this just be ANXIETY??!?!?!?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHH

Jamescc
03-28-2010, 04:42 PM
It is anxiety.. It's cycles of irrational thoughts in the brain... Just because you think something, it doesn't actually mean its true! You need to be educated, which will help you!

take aloot at my web site in my signature :)