PDA

View Full Version : Do i really have an anxiety disorder?

jennylb
03-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Bare with me, my story is kind of a long read. I have always been a little more anxious than most people i guess you would say, but never really got too bad, no panic attacks or anything. One night, about 2 months ago, i was laying in bed worried about a test at school the next day and couldnt sleep because i was worried about it. The next night i thought, "what if i cant sleep tonight" then i got worried about it too, and didnt sleep. After that i started worrying all day about not being able to sleep which actually led to me not sleeping because i was scared i wouldnt be able to sleep. Since then my sleeping has gotten a bit better, but now i am anxious almost all day everyday and have been for about 2 months now. Its not really a physical anxiety, it just that i keep getting these negative thoughts in my head and i feel like i cant enjoy anything. Im constantly aware of things, which doesnt sound like a problem but like when i watch tv, i think about watching tv so i cant watch it because i keep thinking too hard about trying to watch it...its wierd. Today even i read an article about someone not being able to take thier mind off of thier breathing and starting thinking, hey what if i couldnt get breathing off my mind....and i have been counting breaths all day. My doctor prescribed me 20mg of celexa i have been taking for 3 weeks but i dont really notice much of a difference if any. Am i develpoing an anxiety disorder or am i just thinking into it too much. i feel like i cant shut my mind off...its starting to affect my life a lot.

fishguts
03-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Bare with me, my story is kind of a long read. I have always been a little more anxious than most people i guess you would say, but never really got too bad, no panic attacks or anything. One night, about 2 months ago, i was laying in bed worried about a test at school the next day and couldnt sleep because i was worried about it. The next night i thought, "what if i cant sleep tonight" then i got worried about it too, and didnt sleep. After that i started worrying all day about not being able to sleep which actually led to me not sleeping because i was scared i wouldnt be able to sleep. Since then my sleeping has gotten a bit better, but now i am anxious almost all day everyday and have been for about 2 months now. Its not really a physical anxiety, it just that i keep getting these negative thoughts in my head and i feel like i cant enjoy anything. Im constantly aware of things, which doesnt sound like a problem but like when i watch tv, i think about watching tv so i cant watch it because i keep thinking too hard about trying to watch it...its wierd. Today even i read an article about someone not being able to take thier mind off of thier breathing and starting thinking, hey what if i couldnt get breathing off my mind....and i have been counting breaths all day. My doctor prescribed me 20mg of celexa i have been taking for 3 weeks but i dont really notice much of a difference if any. Am i develpoing an anxiety disorder or am i just thinking into it too much. i feel like i cant shut my mind off...its starting to affect my life a lot.

it coulld be anxiety but sounds llike to me its obsessive compulsonary disorder. when you refer to your docter do you mean family or psychiatrist? you need to tell him exactly what you said here and ask him if its ocd.