PDA

View Full Version : Does someone share my story? (Stomach pains and heart rate)

madhatter
03-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Hello. I've been diagnosed with anxiety about 2, to 3 years ago. Since then I was put on a small supply of Ativan, after which, I was put on Prozac. This was about two years ago. I couldn't stand the side effects, or the fact that my doctors didn't really seem to take me seriously, they would have me in and out in a matter of minutes. I can't afford a phsychiatrist, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I've been pretty anxiety free the last year, but every once in a while I suffer from attacks. I would say about once or twice every other week. They usually happen in the early morning hours, and i'm awoken out of bed, with stomach pains, a high heart rate, and cold sweats. After I calm myself down, i'm able to go back to sleep. Unfortunately, the next day I feel completely terrible. I feel drained all day, my stomach is in a constant state of discomfort, and my heart constantly feels like it's beating too fast. I'm 20 years old, and weigh 135 lbs, so i'm afraid that this could be something else. I've had my thyroid checked, and everything is within limits. This disease has been crippling, and making me not want to go places, or do things that I would normally love to. Does anyone share my problem or can help me out?

soJACKedup
03-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I kind of know how you feel. I don't get anxiety attacks THAT often anymore, maybe once a month. But when I do, they're horrible! I'm 20 too btw.

madhatter
03-10-2010, 08:59 PM
I was looking around online, and came across a couple of vitamin and mineral deficiencies that seem to fit most of my symptoms. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what would be a good multi vitamin/mineral suppliment?

northstar
03-12-2010, 08:45 AM
madhatter waking up early with sweats, heart palpitations and anxiety can be down to a blood sugar low. there are lots of things you can do with your diet to help out, please take a look at this post i wrote: http://www.anxietyforum.net/forum/forum-6.html

:)