PDA

View Full Version : Increased heart rate / palpitations after eating

Crush
02-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Does anyone want to weigh in on increased heart rate after eating? I dont know if I've always had it and never noticed until I got anxiety.

I know it's a very common question on the net with a lot of different answers. Many say it's normal.

People even say their Dr's say different things. Not sure what to think of this. All I know is that I have it and am not sure it's from anxiety or not.

Lili
03-04-2010, 05:29 PM
I get this. I get heart palpitations after eating and late at night when I go to bed. At first I worried but it happens all the time, it will only go away if I distract myself.

Jo
03-23-2010, 03:20 PM
I also have this - especially after eating lunch. I have a lot of anxiety/stress. I did end up in the ER with palpitations - once they thought it was a PAT and another time they said it was a panic attack.
I lost a lot of weight - worried about the palpitations. Do other people feel their heart pounding after eating, even a small amount?

jenjen
03-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Yes, I also get palpitations after eating, sometimes I even have a panic attack, depending on how anxious I am feeling at that time.

Try to eat little and often when your anxiety is severe.
Also, it could be to do with the fact that your blood pressure increases after you have eaten which may make you more aware of your heartbeat thus making you panic.

northstar
03-25-2010, 03:10 AM
it might be a good idea to take a look at what you're eating and drinking.

sugary drinks (like sodas), drinks with caffeine in them and alcohol can all be a cause of heart palpitations. so if you're having tea, coffee or energy drinks or anything like that with your lunch then they may be the cause.

it's also a good idea to make sure you're not eating too many sugary foods or fast burning carbohydrates (like white breads, fries, pizza, white rice etc) as these will burn up quickly in your body and the resulting blood sugar drop can also lead to palpitations in some people.

Wave84
03-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Me too, I get them after I've eaten a lot and have been eating smaller meals more frequently as way to combat it. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem!