PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please

nood
02-27-2010, 08:39 PM
I have been under alot of stress lately and recently at work I have been getting light headed. The other say I was feeling light headed and got extremely nauseous. I felt like I was going to pass out or die. I got very weak .I got a coworker to help. I was taken to the ER and they found nothing. My PCP and the ER docs seem to feel that this was stress related. In the last year I have a new house, a new baby and have managed to put on about 40 lbs (not proud of it).I never did pass out but have been extremely shaken up by this. Since the episode I keep wondering if it was really stress/anxiety related and have even taken another trip to the ER for headaches( the CT scans were negative). Every test if have taken has been negative and my PCP but me on celexa. I am still feeling very weak, dizzy and still having nausea/headaches. I have been doing better throughout the day but sometimes get very jittery and nauseated. Is this normal following and anxiety attack? Does this sound like it was an anxiety attack?Has anyone else had this happen to them? I just want to get better so I can enjoy life again. Thanks!

Metzy
02-28-2010, 02:30 AM
I have been under alot of stress lately and recently at work I have been getting light headed. The other say I was feeling light headed and got extremely nauseous. I felt like I was going to pass out or die. I got very weak .I got a coworker to help. I was taken to the ER and they found nothing. My PCP and the ER docs seem to feel that this was stress related. In the last year I have a new house, a new baby and have managed to put on about 40 lbs (not proud of it).I never did pass out but have been extremely shaken up by this. Since the episode I keep wondering if it was really stress/anxiety related and have even taken another trip to the ER for headaches( the CT scans were negative). Every test if have taken has been negative and my PCP but me on celexa. I am still feeling very weak, dizzy and still having nausea/headaches. I have been doing better throughout the day but sometimes get very jittery and nauseated. Is this normal following and anxiety attack? Does this sound like it was an anxiety attack?Has anyone else had this happen to them? I just want to get better so I can enjoy life again. Thanks!

HI, it sounds very similar to an incident I had in work, I felt i had lost touch with reality and was going crazy and was about to pass out, only lasted a minute though, I too have moved house 3 times, got married, fathered a child and started new job in the last 12 months, I dont feel consciously under stress but i guess its our brains way of saying just take it easy

ThePhoenix
03-02-2010, 08:34 PM

Hi, you dont have anything to worry about I dont think! What you describe sounds very much like an anxiety attack. I have had similiar experiences of feeling light headed, dizzy, sick and weak. You always feel like something bad is about to happen but it never does!

A friend of mine had a similar experience at work and went off in an ambulance to the hospital as well. If everything is all clear and negative then you can confidently say to yourself its only anxiety and it cant hurt you. If you feel an anxiety attack comming on just remind yourself its harmless and go about your work, dont give into the feelings and in time it will become easier!